BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

3D connexion buttons

Narska
Advocate
I have the buttons on my 3d connexion mapped as key board strokes but they perform seemingly random zooming functions.

Any idea how and where a problem might be?

Mac - Archicad 22
Tomasz Mlynarski
New York based Architect
12 REPLIES 12
Szabolcs Miko
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
Hi! This is known issue on Mac. Fixes have been released but unfortunately sometimes they do return after a driver update. Could you specify the build your 3D connexion driver is on?

Szabolcs Mikó

Education Program Manager

Narska
Advocate
I had installed the 3DxWare 10.6 yesterday.

I installed 10.4.4 this morning but still the same issue.
Tomasz Mlynarski
New York based Architect
Narska
Advocate
Also running on Mojave 10.14.3 Beta
Tomasz Mlynarski
New York based Architect
Narska
Advocate
Has any of this been addressed by anyone? Since my issue started 3D connexion issued an update, Mac issues an update, and Archicad had an update. Still same problem.

Should I just upgrade to a newer space mouse?
Tomasz Mlynarski
New York based Architect
Narska
Advocate
I got the newest space mouse pro thinking it would solve my problems but alas still bad.

Half the buttons map properly and half give me the same problem.

I contacted 3d Connexion tech support and they have replicated the problem, but have not yet provided a solution.

This seems to be a specific archicad issue so Im going to contact Graphisoft tech support next.

Prediction: pain.
Tomasz Mlynarski
New York based Architect
Narska
Advocate
UPDATE: I contacted 3D Connexion and Graphisoft and this issue should be resolved in the next update.
Tomasz Mlynarski
New York based Architect
Narska
Advocate
UPDATE: I was told by Graphisoft they would resolve this. They never did. I followed up but got no response. Very disappointing. Is the space mouse such a niche that this does not matter to them?
Tomasz Mlynarski
New York based Architect
bennerm
Contributor
I'll throw my hat into the ring as well. I was introduced to the 3D Connexion SpaceMouse by another ArchiCAD user who raves about it on the PC side. I have been using both the SpaceMouse as well as the CADMouse for several years now and love the interface. I would like to be able to take advantage of more of the advanced features and functions as well. I will follow this thread and others in hopes of improved compatibility.
MacPro
AC 23
Narska
Advocate
I was hoping that with AC24 the issues of some of the buttons not working would have been resolved. Nothing.

Maybe its time to contact support yet again to be told yet again that it will be fixed in the next update...

Are there really so few people using these devices that they just don't care?
bennerm wrote:
I'll throw my hat into the ring as well. I was introduced to the 3D Connexion SpaceMouse by another ArchiCAD user who raves about it on the PC side. I have been using both the SpaceMouse as well as the CADMouse for several years now and love the interface. I would like to be able to take advantage of more of the advanced features and functions as well. I will follow this thread and others in hopes of improved compatibility.
Tomasz Mlynarski
New York based Architect
Learn and get certified!