Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

3D window display cutout problem.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi!

My Archicad started to do stupid things with the cutout in the 3D window. The cutout seems to be setted to a long stance from the "screen".

I tried to find the solution in the help menu or in the Archicad display settings. No clue. Have anyone had this problem before?

Thank You in advance!
Piotr
2 REPLIES 2
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
Are you modelling at a great distance from the project origin? That can cause problems, since ArchiCAD needs to calculate the model with very big numbers.

Could also be a hardware or driver issue with the GPU.
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
Daniel Kovacs
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hello,

There are 2 things that usually cause this:
  • If you are working far from the ARCHICAD Origin, it can cause various errors in the 3D window, and all over your projects (this is what Erwin mentioned). This is one of the issues it can cause. You can find out more about Far from Origin issues and how to solve them in this Help Center Article.
  • In the 3D Projection Settings (In 3D right-click>3D Projection Settings), you have a value called (Target) Distance. If this value is too big or too small, the projection plane might intersect with the geometry, and cause this. Please check the target distance, and make sure it is around 5-10 m (like in the base template)
Please let me know if this helped you!

Regards,
Daniel Alexander Kovacs

Professional Services Consultant

GRAPHISOFT

For Troubleshooting and useful Tips & Tricks visit