Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

3D window not working. ArchiCAD 15 (error code: 12)

jegomez
Newcomer
I am getting a Warning window when I try to view my model in 3D. It says "Disk is full or not enough memory to create 3D data Structure. (error code: 12)"

I am not working on a big project at all. Nor are there any SEO or custom objects.

I'm on a brand new HP machine running Windows 7 Professional 64- operating system with 8 GB RAM
Intel Xeon W3550 @ 3.07GHz Processor and NVIDIA Quadro 600 video card.

I have gotten this ArchiCAD warning since 2003 on all my versions of ArchiCAD mostly on heavy files but sometimes on small files and on powerful computers.

After all these years I still cant pin point what triggers this to happen. Sorry to be kind of frustrated but any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.
ArchiCAD 15 3267 USA FULL
Windows 7 Professional - 64-bit Operating System
Intel Xeon W3550, 8gb RAM, NVIDIA Quadro 600
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable
Sounds like you should get in touch with tech support. I have seen the same error, but only on rare occasions, not recently, and not at all on AC15 (which I've only run on Mac so far).
Anonymous
Not applicable
iv got the same problem with two computers at my work. any help would be great on this problem.
jegomez
Newcomer
Is there any way that I can copy/paste my whole ArchiCAD model and layout book into a new instance of ArchiCAD to see if my current template is doing something to crash the 3D window?

I know that I can put the "bold" marquee around my model in plan and copy/paste it to a new file but it doesn't carry over all of my quick views and layout book.

Is there a simple way to do this just to see if my file opens in 3D without getting the "error code: 12" warning window?

Thanks in advance for any help.
ArchiCAD 15 3267 USA FULL
Windows 7 Professional - 64-bit Operating System
Intel Xeon W3550, 8gb RAM, NVIDIA Quadro 600
Gary Lawes
Participant
Hi Jegomez,

This problem is often associated with a faulty GDL object, or more specifically a fault in the 3D code of the object. If and object contains an infinite loop it will carry on looping until your computer runs out of memory.

Try going to 3D window with no objects selected, then progressively add more until the problem reoccurs in order to establish which one is at fault.
AC 17
Windows 7 Pro
Intel i7-2600
16GB RAM
Anonymous
Not applicable
Bumping an old thread. This is what my 3D views look like on my new iMac. I'm using AchiCAD 10.
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
You could check various OpenGL hardware acceleration settings in AC to see if turning them of has any effect on the problem.
You could also try to update your graphics card drivers as it may be a driver issue.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
laszlonagy wrote:
You could check various OpenGL hardware acceleration settings in AC to see if turning them of has any effect on the problem.
You could also try to update your graphics card drivers as it may be a driver issue.
Thanks. My guess it is the graphics card but I'll try both.