BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

3D window resized to monitor hight on mac

Mario Sacco
Expert
I can't have a 3d window hight, highest than monitor hight. I thing the operating system resize it. It doesn't happen in PC Windows. In Archicad on PC I can have 3d windows 4000 x 3000; in mac I can't.
I usually use it to save quick render in Open GL where I can also have lines borders and texture. With this method I can have instant renders for elevations and sections; but I need high resolution like 4000 x 3000 to see a nice render.
Is there a method to disable the windows resizing? I noticed it happens to all the softwares.
MacBook M1 Max 64GB- OS X 12.2.1 - Archicad 27
https://www.archiradar.it/en/
5 REPLIES 5
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
mariosmic:

Works here (to 4048 pixel limit). What is your operating system and computer specs?

You should add a Signature to your Profile (click the Profile button near the top of this page) with your ArchiCAD version and operating system (see mine for an example) for more accurate help in this forum.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Mario Sacco
Expert
Mac Pro 3 GHZ 16 GB - OS X 10.9.2
MacBook M1 Max 64GB- OS X 12.2.1 - Archicad 27
https://www.archiradar.it/en/
Karl Ottenstein
I am seeing something similar...OS 10.9.2 with 27" Apple LED Cinema display and AC 17 latest build...

I can resize horizontally to 4048 pixels without a problem. But while the 3D Window Settings dialog allows me to enter 4048 for the vertical, after clicking OK, it is reset to 1378 pixels.

The monitor resolution is 2560 x 1440 ... and so the issue is very much as reported by mariosmic.... 1378 being 1440 less the menubar height.

David: can you confirm that you can uncheck 'keep proportions', set your vertical to 4048, OK out of the dialog and come back and verify 4048? (Or make it 4048x4048 and save a JPEG and verify that the JPEG is that size?) I'll wait to report to support until I hear your and perhaps other experiences.

Thanks,
Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
Karl wrote:
David: can you confirm that you can uncheck 'keep proportions', set your vertical to 4048, OK out of the dialog and come back and verify 4048? (Or make it 4048x4048 and save a JPEG and verify that the JPEG is that size?) I'll wait to report to support until I hear your and perhaps other experiences.
Well, I don't know what happened between yesterday and today, but now I am seeing this same bug (966 max height on 1024 Cinema Display, 842 max height on 900 MacBook Pro display). I also checked in OSX10.6.8, and same bug. Karl, I think you can report this.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Karl Ottenstein
Thanks, David!
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Learn and get certified!