BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

3D window slow and clunky

Anonymous
Not applicable
Greetings.

I have recently upgraded from AC15 to AC16.

Navigation in the 3D window is agonizingly slow and clunky. Selection is difficult, etc. AC15 ran pretty OK in comparison - but 16 is not going to be acceptable. I'm not that keen to replace my computer, unless absolutely necessary (I realize that replacement may be the flippant and obvious solution).

I run Mac OSX 10.6.8 / 2.16 Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo / 4GB Memory / NVIDIA GeForce 7600 GT.

Why ...... and what to do?
6 REPLIES 6
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
That graphics card seems old to me.
The 7000 series was 8 GeForce generations ago.

Check this article:
http://www.archicadwiki.com/VideoCardsForArchiCAD16

There is also a link at its bottom to a test file with which you can test whether your card is OK with AC16:
http://www.archicadwiki.com/VideoCardsForArchiCAD16?action=AttachFile&do=view&target=ArchiCAD16_Grap...
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Karl Ottenstein
Can't find the exact Mac specs, but looks like that 7600 card only has 256 MB of memory...which isn't enough...
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you Karl and Laszlo, I appreciate your insights and I'll investigate upgrading card ...... or possibly bite the bullet and purchase a new Mac.
walkot
Newcomer
We have the same problem since when have upgrade to AC16.
In AC15 we didn't experienced any problems but in AC16 the selection in the 3D windows very slow.

We tried many different settings in AC and in the Nvidia configuration menu.

Any idea's?
AC16-3270 NED FULL 64 + BIMX16

Windows 7 Professional 64
Intel Core i7 860 @ 2.80 Ghz,
10 GB Ram 1333Mhz (DDR3),
Nvidia Quadro FX 1800 768 MB
Anonymous
Not applicable
I neglected to update earlier, but (despite local SP opinion to the contrary) I found that AC16 resumed to working equally as well (re speed) as AC15 had worked - after I installed the latest hotfix. I dunno, I just work here ........... ?
Anonymous
Not applicable
I have the same problem. I understand it can be a matter of the PC's performance but I really hope there's still an option(or a set of options) that can make the version 16 more adaptable to my computer. Any ideas about this? I also mention that windows 7 rates my PC's components all above 7.2 and 15 version worked perfectly.
Learn and get certified!