Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

3Dconnexion cadmouse pro wireless with an Apple Mac Studio M1 Monterey OS

mthd
Mentor

Hi there, does anyone have a 3Dconnexion cadmouse pro wireless fully working with an Apple Mac Studio M1 with Monterey OS or later ?

They say that they will only support a Bluetooth connection with the macOS.

I like the mouse design with the 3 main finger buttons and how it can be configured with the radial menu functions. I am hoping these will all work fine on my system before purchasing one ?

My Logitech number pad will not work on my Mac Studio so I will need a number key pad that will also work on that machine, any suggestions ?

AC8.1 - AC27 ARM AUS + CI Tools
Apple Mac Studio M1 Max Chip 10C CPU
24C GPU 7.8TF 32GB RAM OS Ventura
3 REPLIES 3
RichardNPayne
Participant

I have the SpaceMouse working with Studio M1 and Ventura 13.1 but have never been able to get the CadMouse working (it came bundled with SpaceMouse). Never been able to work out why ....

Richard Payne

mthd
Mentor

Thank you for sharing that information with us. That’s not good to hear that you couldn’t get your CAD mouse to work on your system.

Their web page says that they will only support the CAD mouse with a blue tooth connection only. From what I have read they recommend not using the USB dongle and try connecting with the cable at first ?

Some here have been able to get it working with Mac but it appears to be with an older macOS. I also read that are supposed to be working on getting it working with later versions of Mac ?

Have you tried asking their support for help ?

I use a Logitech G502 with a USB dongle and Ghub gaming software, all works fine on the M1 Studio with Monterey.

I like their mouse but what good is it if it will not work with later versions of Mac ?

mthd
Mentor

I found a solution to be able to get my cadmouse wireless working on my Mac Monterey since it was an older model from 2017 but new and unused.

Please see this link below from the 3DConnexion website. My firmware needed to be updated to Version 1.11 or higher and this link will show you how to get around it in Mac with the security settings etc. all works fine now apart from being limited to 4 radial commands instead of 8.

https://3dconnexion.com/uk/support/faq/cadmouse-cadmouse-wireless-doesnt-click-macos/

Still looking?

Browse more topics

Back to forum

See latest solutions

Accepted solutions

Start a new discussion!