Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

3d Modeling Glitch/model corruption

keene kopper
Contributor
I recently imported a Sketchup model, which seems to have corrupted all new objects created, but leaving objects created prior with normal handle locations and viewing. Additionally, while viewing in 3D Vector, I dont have the problem described and illustrated in my screen shots. While viewing non-vector 3D, the object & morph handles are in all kinds of weird places. How can I fix this other than going back to an older version of the file and remaking everything?

Also, with this glitch, *nothing* shows in the 3D non-vector view unless I select objects in 2D and then show selected in 3D.

Help!
TV / Film Production: Sr. Set Designer
Art Directors Guild, Local 800
Archicad Latest Version
MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2018), 2.9 GHz Intel Core i9, >32 GB 2400 MHz DDR4, Radeon Pro Vega 20 4080 MB, Intel UHD Graphics 630 1536 MB
4 REPLIES 4
keene kopper
Contributor
Additionally, when I select an object and command "move" the object, it just disappears. I have no cutting planes set up, but when I zoom out after the command, it appears, but seems to be passing through a cutting plane of some sort.
Archicad Latest Version
MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2018), 2.9 GHz Intel Core i9, >32 GB 2400 MHz DDR4, Radeon Pro Vega 20 4080 MB, Intel UHD Graphics 630 1536 MB
Barry Kelly
Sounds to me like a video card/driver issue.
Are your drivers up to date?

Am am no tech expert and I am not familiar with your Radeon card or if it is even suitable for Archicad.

You have that and an built-in card?
Archicad does not like those integrated cards all that much.
I am not familiar with Macs at all, but can you tell it somewhere in the settings to use the Radeon card only with Archicad?
If it is then maybe that card or its driver is not compatible.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
keene kopper
Contributor
Its an internal video driver that came with the computer. I just started having this problem within the past week or so. Prior, it was working fine. It seemed to be an import of some sketchup file that caused it to start happening, or it just started to coincidentally start happing. Any further thoughts on the matter would be massively appreciated. The particular file that I took this screenshot in however, has no imported Sketchup files, and is a brand new ac file.

I also opened both the older file and the fresh one on my older macbook, which never had this problem, and now that computer is showing the same symptoms.
Archicad Latest Version
Anonymous
Not applicable
I am also having the exact same problem. Not sure what has caused it though.