BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

3d view problem Model disappears when turn on shadow archicad 22 osx

Anonymous
Not applicable
3d view problem Model disappears when turn on shadow (OpenGL Only)
I use archicad 22 osx (But run on Mojave,I'm not sure maybe this is bug with new osx)
6 REPLIES 6
Daniel Kovacs
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hi,

The OpenGL Engine was upgraded in ARCHICAD 22 from the previous 2.0 version to 3.2 (which is more recent and efficient). As a result some older hardwares (GPUs to be exact) might not be able to work properly if they don't support this standard, or their driver is out of date.

As I can see you have a 21.5" iMac, but still with a low-resolution display, which could mean that it is a pretty old computer.

Could you check if you get a warning message (a yellow triangle with an exclamation mark in it) in the 'Work Environment > Advanced Redraw Options' window?

Does turning the 3D Anti-Aliasing off (in the same dialog) help?

Could you save a system report file (.spx) and send it to me in a private message so that I can see what hardware you have exactly?

Thanks in Advance,
Daniel Alexander Kovacs

Professional Services Consultant

GRAPHISOFT

For Troubleshooting and useful Tips & Tricks visit
Anonymous
Not applicable
I have the same problem. It's specific to OpenGL with Sun Shadows - changing any other settings has no effect.
I've updated to the latest Nvidia driver, but it didn't help.
An exclamation mark in the Advanced Redraw options relates to 2D, not 3D issues.
I'd appreciate any workaround tips, before I'm forced to 'regress' my projects to Archicad 21
Thanks,
Chris
David Collins
Advocate
This could be related to something Graphisoft called "Incremental Drawing" in 3d.
See:
https://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=62080
David Collins

Win10 64bit Intel i7 6700 3.40 Ghz, 32 Gb RAM, GeForce RTX 3070
AC 27.0 (4001 INT FULL)
Daniel Kovacs
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hello,

Sorry about the late reply. Thanks for posting that picture about your GPU information, that is really helpful.

In those windows we can see that it reports that the gpu/driver does not support some features of OpenGL 3.2. That is probably the source of the issue.

Up until ARCHICAD 21 we have been using OpenGL 2.0, but in ARCHICAD 22 we have upgraded to OpenGL 3.2 (it is faster, has more features, etc.). Apparently the graphics card in your computer does not support this version of OpenGL, so I think this is the reason it won't work properly.
The exclamation mark in the Work Environment gives you a report that is related to 2D Hardware Acceleration, but that is done by OpenGL as well, so if you see that report, that simply means that the GPU has a conflict with OpenGL.

I looked at the history of that GPU and it looks like it is from 2009 so it kind of makes sense that it doesn't support newer technologies. My best advice would be to upgrade the graphics card in your computer (it doesn't have to be an expensive one, just one that is more up-to-date and still has driver updates). This Help Center article can help you choose the right GPU for ARCHICAD 22.

Good Luck, Daniel
Daniel Alexander Kovacs

Professional Services Consultant

GRAPHISOFT

For Troubleshooting and useful Tips & Tricks visit

Dear Daniel,

i have the same issue.

until yesterday 3d window was working perfectly.

suddenly all views which has opengl has disappeared but the others are still working.

any suggestion?

many thanks

gabor

In just one particular file or all files?

Make sure your graphics card drivers are up to date.

And re-boot your machine if you have not done so in a while.

You'd be surprised how many issues that can fix.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Learn and get certified!