BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

3d window - orbit vs pan

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi there,

I am not sure if I am doing something wrong or if it is due to my settings. When I am working in 3d the orbit option becomes temperamental. Sometimes it orbits however at other times it starts to pan when I don't it to. As far as I am aware I am not pressing anything which would alter the funtion.

I use a magic mouse and have AC14. I have turned MagicPrefs on and off to see if this would help, which it hasn't.

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks in advance,

Emily
4 REPLIES 4
Gus Laurie
Newcomer
...sounds like a faulty mouse to me, or your sometimes hitting the middle button which will pan as opposed to the LMB that will orbit??

Can you try another mouse? Good luck.
Gus Laurie

AC 10-21 AUS FULL
INTEL Haswell i7 5960x 8 Core @ 3.00GHz
SanDisk 480 GB SSD
Dual AMD FirePro W5100 4 GB GPU
16 GB RAM
WIn 10 Pro 64 bit
Dwight
Newcomer
There's a condition where the camera viewpoint is not going to orbit around the 'center' of the view. The target remains distant. When you attempt to "orbit", the object quickly leaves the view, appearing like a pan.

I lose this flaw by panning a little bit back and forth to "erase" the original target and establish the new target in the view center.
Dwight Atkinson
Eduardo Rolon
If you have defined a middle button with Magic Prefs make sure that you click it first and wait for the "Pan Hand" to show up before pressing Shift to Orbit.

These are my magic pref settings for reference.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Eduardo Rolon
Basic Magic Prefs Settings
Screen shot 2010-11-01 at 7.52.54 PM.png
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Learn and get certified!