Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

8.1 Library problem?

Anonymous
Not applicable
New install on OSX.2.8. Upon first launch and creating new project (default settings) I do not have complete libraries—no doors or windows for example. I have tried opening an 8.0 file with attendent libraries, and still same effect.
What am I doing wrong?
Thanks for any vector!
4 REPLIES 4
__archiben
Booster
are you sure you installed the library? you didn't choose a custom installation and not check the box to install the library?

you could check that the "ArchiCAD Library 8.1" has been installed in the "ArchiCAD 8.1 folder" inside your applications folder. if it's not there, perform another custom installation from the CD choosing only the library to be installed . . .

~/archiben
b e n f r o s t
b f [a t ] p l a n b a r c h i t e c t u r e [d o t] n z
archicad | sketchup! | coffeecup
Anonymous
Not applicable
~/archiben wrote:
are you sure you installed the library? you didn't choose a custom installation and not check the box to install the library?

you could check that the "ArchiCAD Library 8.1" has been installed in the "ArchiCAD 8.1 folder" inside your applications folder. if it's not there, perform another custom installation from the CD choosing only the library to be installed . . .

~/archiben
Thanks, Ben
I thought I did an easy install but may have screwed up when I specified folder. I will reinstall.
Djordje
Ace
Darryl wrote:
New install on OSX.2.8. Upon first launch and creating new project (default settings) I do not have complete libraries—no doors or windows for example. I have tried opening an 8.0 file with attendent libraries, and still same effect.What am I doing wrong?Thanks for any vector!
Be sure to start with the default settings. If anything is NOT loaded, the Report window should come up. Open the library manager. See what is loaded under Local/LAN tab - should be three folders and the library PLA.

The visibility of the doors and windows can be toggled elsewhere; the fact that you don't have them does not mean that the library is not loaded.

Furthermore, if you load an existing project, you have to load the library that was used with it.

HTH,
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Anonymous
Not applicable
Djordje wrote:
Darryl wrote:
New install on OSX.2.8. Upon first launch and creating new project (default settings) I do not have complete libraries—no doors or windows for example. I have tried opening an 8.0 file with attendent libraries, and still same effect.What am I doing wrong?Thanks for any vector!
Be sure to start with the default settings. If anything is NOT loaded, the Report window should come up. Open the library manager. See what is loaded under Local/LAN tab - should be three folders and the library PLA.

The visibility of the doors and windows can be toggled elsewhere; the fact that you don't have them does not mean that the library is not loaded.

Furthermore, if you load an existing project, you have to load the library that was used with it.

Djordje,
After reinstall, all appears well although there is a slight difference in folders showing up under Local/Lan. I have folders: Local Lib (includes PLA file), Other Objects, FTP libraries, Built-in Libraries, and Libraries/Objects Not Found.
I assume this is correct.
Thanks for your detail info!