BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

966 hotfix not installing

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm trying to install the hotfix and it appears to be installing ok until it gets to the end an comes up with a message saying:

'An error occurred and product installation failed. Look at the log file C:\Program Files\Graphisoft\ArchiCAD 10\log.txt for details.'

The log.txt file it mentions says this:

'(10-Aug-2006 10:12:09), Install, com.graphisoft.ishield.GSModuleUpdaterFiles, err, An error occurred and product installation failed. Look at the log file C:\Program Files\Graphisoft\ArchiCAD 10\log.txt for details.
(10-Aug-2006 10:12:09), Install, com.graphisoft.ishield.GSModuleUpdaterFiles, err, java.lang.AssertionError: Not excected multiple matches:
STACK_TRACE: 14
java.lang.AssertionError: Not excected multiple matches:
at com.graphisoft.ishield.GSFileList$FileMatches.getSingleMatch(GSFileList.java:157)
at com.graphisoft.ishield.GSFileList.search(GSFileList.java:244)
at com.graphisoft.ishield.GSModuleUpdaterFiles.install(GSModuleUpdaterFiles.java:119)
at com.installshield.product.service.product.PureJavaProductServiceImpl.installProductAction(PureJavaProductServiceImpl.java:1916)
at com.installshield.product.service.product.PureJavaProductServiceImpl$InstallProduct.getResultForProductAction(PureJavaProductServiceImpl.java:5195)
at com.installshield.product.service.product.InstallableObjectVisitor.visitComponent(InstallableObjectVisitor.java:369)
at com.installshield.product.service.product.InstallableObjectVisitor.visitInstallableComponents(InstallableObjectVisitor.java:333)
at com.installshield.product.service.product.InstallableObjectVisitor.visitProductBeans(InstallableObjectVisitor.java:133)
at com.installshield.product.service.product.PureJavaProductServiceImpl$InstallProduct.install(PureJavaProductServiceImpl.java:4563)
at com.installshield.product.service.product.PureJavaProductServiceImpl$Installer.execute(PureJavaProductServiceImpl.java:3758)
at com.installshield.wizard.service.AsynchronousOperation.run(AsynchronousOperation.java:41)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)'

Which means absolutely nothing to me. Any help would be greatly appreciatted.
12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous
Not applicable
I am having the same problem.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello? Graphisoft? AC10 told me that I should install a patch, it told me exactly which one, but the patch refuses to install.

The other problem is with demos. Would you be kind enough to update those too, so that people get the latest build of the demo with no need to apply patches?

Thank you.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Same here, whats up with this?
Anonymous
Not applicable
I had an issue with add-on with the same name causing conflicts. In your case it looks like 3D studio In. Try removing the addon from the add on folder, running the patch, and then returning the add-on to the add-on folder. I had an issue that caused a similar failure caused by Cadimage "profiler". The new infinite wisdom seems to not allow add-ons with the same name.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Mike, in my case, the hotfix failed at a time when no plugin was in place. I gave up, and installed 3ds-input at a later time. But I'll try again next weekend, as the procees may corrupt AC10's present installation.

Bob
Djordje
Ace
It ran well for me with all the plugins in place - Graphisoft ones, mind you. No CADImage.
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Erika Epstein
Booster
Djordje wrote:
It ran well for me with all the plugins in place - Graphisoft ones, mind you. No CADImage.
Wouldnt it be smart if individuals & companies developing add-ons chose names that did not mimic Graphisoft ones? Or at least qualified them so they were identifiable as by another company e.g. 'profilerCI'.

Ditto library parts.
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
Anonymous
Not applicable
Erika wrote:
Wouldnt it be smart if individuals & companies developing add-ons chose names that did not mimic Graphisoft ones? Or at least qualified them so they were identifiable as by another company e.g. 'profilerCI'.

Ditto library parts.
It seems like that would be a no brainer. Cadimage is supposedly in the process of changing the name of their product. I am surprised it wasn't named 3D profiler instead of just profiler...
__archiben
Booster
Mike wrote:
Cadimage is supposedly in the process of changing the name of their product. I am surprised it wasn't named 3D profiler instead of just profiler...
they have. the newsflash is here: http://www.cadimagetools.com/

there is even a mactel-specific version of the 'Cadimage Profiler Tools' available for download . . .

~/archiben
b e n f r o s t
b f [a t ] p l a n b a r c h i t e c t u r e [d o t] n z
archicad | sketchup! | coffeecup
Learn and get certified!