BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

966 hotfix not installing

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm trying to install the hotfix and it appears to be installing ok until it gets to the end an comes up with a message saying:

'An error occurred and product installation failed. Look at the log file C:\Program Files\Graphisoft\ArchiCAD 10\log.txt for details.'

The log.txt file it mentions says this:

'(10-Aug-2006 10:12:09), Install, com.graphisoft.ishield.GSModuleUpdaterFiles, err, An error occurred and product installation failed. Look at the log file C:\Program Files\Graphisoft\ArchiCAD 10\log.txt for details.
(10-Aug-2006 10:12:09), Install, com.graphisoft.ishield.GSModuleUpdaterFiles, err, java.lang.AssertionError: Not excected multiple matches:
STACK_TRACE: 14
java.lang.AssertionError: Not excected multiple matches:
at com.graphisoft.ishield.GSFileList$FileMatches.getSingleMatch(GSFileList.java:157)
at com.graphisoft.ishield.GSFileList.search(GSFileList.java:244)
at com.graphisoft.ishield.GSModuleUpdaterFiles.install(GSModuleUpdaterFiles.java:119)
at com.installshield.product.service.product.PureJavaProductServiceImpl.installProductAction(PureJavaProductServiceImpl.java:1916)
at com.installshield.product.service.product.PureJavaProductServiceImpl$InstallProduct.getResultForProductAction(PureJavaProductServiceImpl.java:5195)
at com.installshield.product.service.product.InstallableObjectVisitor.visitComponent(InstallableObjectVisitor.java:369)
at com.installshield.product.service.product.InstallableObjectVisitor.visitInstallableComponents(InstallableObjectVisitor.java:333)
at com.installshield.product.service.product.InstallableObjectVisitor.visitProductBeans(InstallableObjectVisitor.java:133)
at com.installshield.product.service.product.PureJavaProductServiceImpl$InstallProduct.install(PureJavaProductServiceImpl.java:4563)
at com.installshield.product.service.product.PureJavaProductServiceImpl$Installer.execute(PureJavaProductServiceImpl.java:3758)
at com.installshield.wizard.service.AsynchronousOperation.run(AsynchronousOperation.java:41)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)'

Which means absolutely nothing to me. Any help would be greatly appreciatted.
12 REPLIES 12
Erika Epstein
Booster
Ooh, those guys are fast!
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
__archiben
Booster
Erika wrote:
Wouldnt it be smart if individuals & companies developing add-ons chose names that did not mimic Graphisoft ones?
yes, but....
Or at least qualified them so they were identifiable as by another company e.g. 'profilerCI'.
i was always under the impression that add-ons were identified by a code - like a unique ID - rather than by name.

my money's on graphisoft losing sight of that fact in their haste to roll out installer patch after installer patch for archicad 10 . . .

~/archiben
b e n f r o s t
b f [a t ] p l a n b a r c h i t e c t u r e [d o t] n z
archicad | sketchup! | coffeecup
Andy wrote:
I'm trying to install the hotfix and it appears to be installing ok until it gets to the end an comes up with a message saying:

'An error occurred and product installation failed. Look at the log file C:\Program Files\Graphisoft\ArchiCAD 10\log.txt for details.'

The log.txt file it mentions says this:

'(10-Aug-2006 10:12:09), Install, com.graphisoft.ishield.GSModuleUpdaterFiles, err, An error occurred and product installation failed. Look at the log file C:\Program Files\Graphisoft\ArchiCAD 10\log.txt for details.
(10-Aug-2006 10:12:09), Install, com.graphisoft.ishield.GSModuleUpdaterFiles, err, java.lang.AssertionError: Not excected multiple matches:
STACK_TRACE: 14
java.lang.AssertionError: Not excected multiple matches:
at com.graphisoft.ishield.GSFileList$FileMatches.getSingleMatch(GSFileList.java:157)
at com.graphisoft.ishield.GSFileList.search(GSFileList.java:244)
at com.graphisoft.ishield.GSModuleUpdaterFiles.install(GSModuleUpdaterFiles.java:119)
at com.installshield.product.service.product.PureJavaProductServiceImpl.installProductAction(PureJavaProductServiceImpl.java:1916)
at com.installshield.product.service.product.PureJavaProductServiceImpl$InstallProduct.getResultForProductAction(PureJavaProductServiceImpl.java:5195)
at com.installshield.product.service.product.InstallableObjectVisitor.visitComponent(InstallableObjectVisitor.java:369)
at com.installshield.product.service.product.InstallableObjectVisitor.visitInstallableComponents(InstallableObjectVisitor.java:333)
at com.installshield.product.service.product.InstallableObjectVisitor.visitProductBeans(InstallableObjectVisitor.java:133)
at com.installshield.product.service.product.PureJavaProductServiceImpl$InstallProduct.install(PureJavaProductServiceImpl.java:4563)
at com.installshield.product.service.product.PureJavaProductServiceImpl$Installer.execute(PureJavaProductServiceImpl.java:3758)
at com.installshield.wizard.service.AsynchronousOperation.run(AsynchronousOperation.java:41)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)'

Which means absolutely nothing to me. Any help would be greatly appreciatted.
there's your problem. you have the 3DStudio In.apx file in two places and the installer doesn't know which one to patch. happened to me also, but with a different file.

delete only one of the .apx files and should work fine.
it worked for me. I don't know if you should put the file back, since it belongs to the add-on. try both ways

by the way, GS people, expected is the correct word.
arch. ernest atanasiu
AC 10-26 INT/GER/FR on Win 10/ Win 11
Learn and get certified!