BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

A Simple Newbie question on Seo

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello, I am working on a story wit stairs (created by stair tool).I have drawn a slab for whole story ;and drawn another at the place where the stair is. And tried to subtract them. But no way... I can't do it .Tried any way of the SEO command, and the othe variations (thicker operator etc..)Both slabs are at the same layer...Where I am wrong could u help?

I amRunning AC. 9 on Wın Xp Sp2
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable
Much easier to just cut a hole in the slab. Select the slab, then the slab tool and "draw a slab" where you want the hole. With the slab selected you are actually cutting a hole.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks A lot for the tip, Have a nice day
Perhaps KeBenz doesn't need it this time, but this is a good opportunity to point out the SEO stair hole tip...

You should use SEO to cut holes when you want to control the material of the hole separate from the main polygon. Set up the operator slab with the material you want, then subtract from the main slab with 'Inherit attributes of Operator.'
James Murray

Archicad 25 • Rill Architects • macOS • OnLand.info
Anonymous
Not applicable
James,

A related trick I like is to use the slab atop (or at the bottom of) an elevator shaft to punch holes through all the floors it penetrates using downwards or upwards extrusion. It works for stairs too if they are all the same opening.
Learn and get certified!