Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

A volume failed to mount

Anonymous
Not applicable
Just loaded AC12 and the first thing that popped up when I opened a file was a request to enter my password to our server. Then, after I entered that, I got the error "A volume failed to mount. The volume "name of our server" could not be mounted. And it keeps popping up while I am trying to work! Does anyone know how we get rid of this bug?!?
3 REPLIES 3
Dwight
Newcomer
I assume that you are operating Archicad as a single license.

Is the server involved in anything you are doing?
Is the server actually mounted or not?

Check your default file locations - perhaps Archicad is trying to put a file somewhere that it does not have permission.

Work Environment > Special Folders
Dwight Atkinson
Anonymous
Not applicable
There are also different ways to access a server on the Mac and if it was accessed one way before but it is no longer available you can get this error.

This happened to me when I dragged a volume to the "Devices" list (in the left part of the browser window - I for get what it's called) one day and then didn't do it after starting up the next.

It can come up when ArchiCAD is looking for libraries, xRefs, placed drawings, etc.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Dwight,

Yes we have single user licenses for each seat.

We are accessing the files and hotlinks from the server. The ArchiCAD library is accessed on each individual computer but project specific libraries are on the server. However, we get the error even on files that don't access project specific libraries on the server.

The Server is mounted, in fact ArchiCAD does recognize the server when looking for files.

I did check default file locations. ArchiCAD is putting those files on the workstation, not the server.

Matthew - We haven't changed the locations of any of the files on the server or the method of accessing them. However, it does seem like the error comes up when accessing placed drawings from the server but that is not the only time.

Sometimes we get the error when we switch back to ArchiCAD from another program.