Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

AC 10.815 bug / Material color error in section/elevation

Anonymous
Not applicable
SUMMARY

Walls (some walls) with identical material shows different colors in section/elevation

DESCRIPTION

Attached is at small part of an elevation. It is constructed by using 4 walls. All with the same material (including a vectorial hatch and an alpha channel surface effect).
Somehow, one of the walls shows a slightly different color than the others in elevations.
Attached rendering show identical colors (correct)

REPRODUCED

No problem to reproduce on my system ….It's always like this ... with these walls

SOLUTION

a) Wait for bug fix
b) Workaround:
1) Turn of colors in sections
2) Redraw/reconstruct? Haven’t tried yet.

ATTACHMENT

Screen shots.
a) Elevation
b) Rendering

SYSTEM

ArchiCAD 10 build 815 INT on Win XP Pro sp2
AMD Athlon 64 X2 4400+, 2DB RAM
ATI Radeon X1800 with dual DELL 24" LCD

Bug 10-0n002b.jpg
7 REPLIES 7
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
It's hard to tell what's wrong when you upload a perfectly good image!

Please upload the 'incorrect' image.

Cheers,
Link.
Dwight
Newcomer
We still love you even if you are color blind.

If you look at the elevation closely, the part of the wall surrounding the lower left [if you look at it upside down]window is darker.
Dwight Atkinson
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
If you look at the elevation closely, the part of the wall surrounding the lower left window is darker.

---------------------------- ---------------------------- ----------------------------

I thought you were pulling my leg, (plus HAlm said 'Attached rendering show identical colors (correct)') so I had Photoshop take a look for me. I guess I'm one of those black-and-white kinda guys! It seems that the entire left wall is different than the right wall by a few (measely) RGB values.

The only thing I can think of is that one of the walls may not be parallel with the S/E.

Cheers,
Link.
Dwight
Newcomer
But if you look even closer, you'll see that the top part of that same darker wall isn't darker. It IS in line with the lower wall and IS the same color as the other wall.

I must say that your display is way off if you need a sample to see the difference in color. Must not be a mac.
Dwight Atkinson
Anonymous
Not applicable
I see a difference, but it is around the RIGHT hand window, not the LEFT
henrypootel
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
That is weird!
I think you are right about it being the peice on the left stuart.
The error is a lot more pronounced in windows (becuase of the gamma difference i assume), but it is still visible in OSX.
Unfortunately, i have no idea what is causing it. Does the same thing happen if you use a different material?
Josh Osborne - Central Innovation

HP Zbook Studio G4 - Windows 10 Pro, Intel i7 7820HQ, 32Gb RAM, Quadro M1200
Anonymous
Not applicable
Sorry to say but this has not been fixed in R10 build 987.

But moving the wall / reference line 25 mm and changing the reference line offset (back) 25 mm makes the color correct. Thats a workaround. It should be like this in the first place.

GS please fix.