Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

AC 10.815 bug / Vectorial hatch error in section/elevation

Anonymous
Not applicable
SUMMARY

A wall with a material with a vectorial hatch shows different hatch alignment in different sections

DESCRIPTION

Attached are small parts of two elevations showing the very same wall. (The wall is partly covered in one section.)
In one section the hatch align with the window(s), but in the other it doesn't. (Both sections are rebuild from model)

REPRODUCED

No problem to reproduce on my system ….It's always like this ... with that wall

SOLUTION

a) Wait for bug fix
b) Workaround:
1) Redraw/reconstruct? Haven’t tried yet.

ATTACHMENT

Screen shots.
a) Section/elevation I
b) Section/elevation II (next post)

SYSTEM

ArchiCAD 10 build 815 INT on Win XP Pro sp2
AMD Athlon 64 X2 4400+, 2DB RAM
ATI Radeon X1800 with dual DELL 24" LCD
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable
Screen shot II
Bug 10-0n005.jpg
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
Oh how clinical!

I would go with solution c or 1 - or just the third one: Redraw/reconstruct.

This kind of problem usually occurs when either the reference line of the walls aren't headed in the same direction or when the texture has been manually moved, or both.

You should turn on View > On-Screen View Options > Walls & Beams Reference Lines and check the direction of your walls.

And/or you can set the orientation and direction of your texture (and it's vectorial fill) by going to Design > Align 3D Texture > Set Origin.../Set Direction...

That should help I hope.

Cheers,
Link.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Problem is that it is just one (1) wall element which somehow shows up different in 2 sections/elevations.

Reference lines and / or 3D texture alignment can't explain why this wall shows different 3D texture alignment in 2 sections.
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
Again, it looks perfect to me.

Please upload a module file containing the problem walls.

Cheers,
Link.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Sorry to say but this has not been fixed in R10 build 987.

I have discovered a sort of fix / cause of error

One section is set to "Marked Distant Area", the other is not. Turning off "Marked Distant Area", makes hatch alignment correct.

The offending wall is placed -175 mm bellow zero. When "Marked Distant Area" is on the hatch is aligned to the wall bottom at -175 mm. Wrong / error.

When "Marked Distant Area" is off the hatch is correctly aligned to the Z=0 / zero / project origin

So,,, GS please fix now.