BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

AC 11 bug under Mac OS X 10.5

Anonymous
Not applicable
Under Mac OS X 10.5 my copy of ArchiCAD 11 (v 1114 INT full) no longer hides when selecting "Hide" from the ArchiCAD menu. This is not the only app that refuses to hide under Leopard (Adobe CS3 does the same thing). Is Graphisoft aware of this?

Florian
4 REPLIES 4
Ralph Wessel
Mentor
florian wrote:
Under Mac OS X 10.5 my copy of ArchiCAD 11 (v 1114 INT full) no longer hides when selecting "Hide" from the ArchiCAD menu. This is not the only app that refuses to hide under Leopard (Adobe CS3 does the same thing). Is Graphisoft aware of this?
This isn't a new bug - I've seen it back to ArchiCAD 10 on OS 10.3. It only occurs intermittently, and I can't work what the trigger is. The flip side of the problem - also evident long before 10.5 - is that sometimes ArchiCAD refuses to reappear after it has been hidden. Everything is still functioning, and right-clicking on ArchiCAD in the dock shows a list of open windows and menu items like Quit. Unfortunately, selecting a window does nothing and selecting Quit only works if it doesn't prompt to save the file (because you can't respond to an invisible prompt).
Ralph Wessel BArch
Anonymous
Not applicable
I have had this happen, rarely, with ArchiCAD. It seems more common with Adobe products (InDesign particularly). I don't think it's anything peculiar to Leopard.
Anonymous
Not applicable
ArchiCAD being stuck in the hide mode happens to me roughly once a week. It just happened to another user on Leopard. What a pain! Force-quit doesn't even work.
Anonymous
Not applicable
This is a known MacBook and iMac issue. Though it appears sometimes to be a HW issue it is the OS.

Ever find your self retyping the first letter you already typed in a field as well or no keypad/mouse whatsoever?

Jeffrey
Learn and get certified!