Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

AC 12: Where's my audio feedback?

Chazz
Enthusiast
OK, I give up.

Where are the user feedback sounds? The little honks, chirps and bleeps that inform you that you have successfully sucked up attributes or injected them or that the 3D window display is progressing, ect. All of these, on my system at least, have been replaced with the generic system error sound.
Nattering nabob of negativism
2023 MBP M2 Max 32GM. MaxOS-Current
4 REPLIES 4
Dwight
Newcomer
This on?
Dwight Atkinson
Chazz
Enthusiast
D-Man, thanks for taking the time to post an annotated screenshot. Truth is, I missed the checkbox even after looking for it (too rushed and too many options spread out over too many places), but yeah, the box was checked. Turning it off gives silence. Turning it on gives the lame system beep only. Changing the system beep changes the sound in AC too. I'm still mystified. Are you saying it works as expected on your end?
Nattering nabob of negativism
2023 MBP M2 Max 32GM. MaxOS-Current
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
On Windows there is a Sound item in the Control Panel where you can set sounds used by various application events. There are several ArchiCAD entries there, like ArchiCAD: 3D model is complete etc.
Maybe there is something similar on the Mac, too.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
Chazz wrote:
Turning it on gives the lame system beep only.
I noticed this too. Instead of different ArchiCAD sounds indicating various actions or warnings, we get the one system alert sound.

Still looking?

Browse more topics

Back to forum

See latest solutions

Accepted solutions

Start a new discussion!