Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

AC 14 install issue

Anonymous
Not applicable
our office is still on version 14. We got new laptops and im trying to install and it goes through the process as normal but when it gets to the point where the install begins it skips over that part and goes strait to the than kyou screen. when I go to the Graphisoft folder its empty.

ANy ideas?

Thanks
9 REPLIES 9
Eduardo Rolon
If using Windows check that you are using the correct installer, you might be trying to install a 32Bit version in a 64Bit OS version. Mac should not be a problem AFAIK.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Anonymous
Not applicable
IM almost wondering if there is some kind of permission issue, admin related.
when the install begins it starts at 1% then goes to the Thank you screen,

Im stumped.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Make sure you have the correct legacy version of Java installed before trying to install on a modern machine.

They are available with instructions here - http://www.graphisoft.com/downloads/java.html
I'm experiencing a similar issue to this while trying to install AC14 on Mac OSX 10.8.5. The installer declares that the dmg is damaged and should be ejected.

Graphisoft's Java page doesn't have any downloads for Mac OS Java versions so even if I had to roll back, I'm not sure how I would do this. ArchiCAD Wiki is full of hints, but not sure if I've found an answer.

arghhhh.
Think Like a Spec Writer
AC4.55 through 27 / USA AC27-4060 USA
Rhino 8 Mac
MacOS 14.2.1
I am running the latest version of Java.
Think Like a Spec Writer
Rhino 8 Mac
MacOS 14.2.1
I've uninstalled the latest version of Java and followed the instructions to re-enable Java 1.6 via the terminal.

I managed to start the installer by viewing the package contents and running the Java.jar component. When it starts, I follow the prompts and get to the specifying the Installation Folder /Applications/Graphisoft/ArchiCAD14.

When I click 'Next' I get a warning saying I must specify a Directory Name. Haven't I already done that?
install.jpg
Think Like a Spec Writer
Rhino 8 Mac
MacOS 14.2.1
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
Aaron:

I don't know if this is the issue, but at the bottom of your screen shot it lists the Current free disk space as 0 KB.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
David,

Something prevents the installer from reading the directory name and from assessing free space on the drive. Lots and Lots of room.
Think Like a Spec Writer
Rhino 8 Mac
MacOS 14.2.1
Anonymous
Not applicable
SOLVED, it was a JAVA issue, I had to uninstall JAVA 7, then install Archicad which automatically installed JAVA 6. After installation I installed the updates and hot fixes then updated JAVA 7