Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

AC 15, 16 selection is really slow!!

alemanda
Advocate
Dear All,
I have a problem with AC 15/16 since I installed them on my machine (DELL T7400 dual quad core + 8GB RAM + Nvidia Quadro FX1700). I kept AC12 and 13 on the same machine.
Working on AC 15/16 selection of objects and entities in the 3D window is really slow specially when I select more item using SHIFT+CLICK. If I click quickly on several items (let's say 10 items in 2 seconds) the last item appears as selected after 3/4 seconds from the last click ...
I installed the latest drivers for the graphic card and I'm using the latest hotfix for both AC15 and 16.
Do some of you face the same problems?
How can I solve this problem?
Thanks to all
Ciao
AC 19 and AC21 latest hotfix
Win 10 Pro 64bit
Double XEON 14 CORES (tot 28 physical cores)
32GB RAM - SSD 256GB - Nvidia Quadro K620
Display DELL 25'' 2560x1440
www.almadw.it
28 REPLIES 28
Karl Ottenstein
Again... this is NOT the place to 'remind' GS of anything. You MUST re-open your technical support case and go through proper channels, providing logs and/or whatever else is requested.

Any further posts addressed to GS here rather than communicating directly will be considered spam. If many other users had this problem, and were interested or could help you, they would have posted to this thread over the past year. This is a user-to-user forum... not a user-to-Graphisoft forum, OK? 🙂

Thanks,
Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
alemanda
Advocate
Ok. I got the point. Sorry for my posts. I will contact directly GS.
Thank you.
Win 10 Pro 64bit
www.almadw.it
Karl Ottenstein
Thanks. Good luck... I hope that they can find a solution for you.
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
alemanda
Advocate
I keep waiting an answer from GS (I wrote to the technical support) ... but in the meantime I found a solution to my annoying problem ...
I found that famous registry key under HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Graphisoft\ArchiCAD-64\ArchiCAD-64 16.0.0 ITA R1\3D selection

ENABLE HIDDEN SELECTION

I put the value to 0 (previous value was 1) and I also adjusted the other parameters HIDDEN LINE ALPHA, HIDDEN POINT ALPHA and IMPORTANT HIDDEN LINE ALPHA to 1500 (after several attempts) and my multiple selection is much much faster and more precise than before.
I got this result because (changing the values above) I probably excluded the hidden entities behind the ones directly visible in the scene.

Maybe these features regarding the selection of hidden objects are not fully implemented in my hardware (nVidia Quadro FX 1700) which is not so new (2008) ... Probably the new videocards implement directly these instructions and are faster
Win 10 Pro 64bit
www.almadw.it
Karl Ottenstein
Disappointing to hear that nobody from tech support has responded to you yet... but thank you for posting your solution, which may help others! 🙂
alemanda
Advocate
I received the right support at that time (about one year ago). The same person replied me during these days but he could not help anymore because play another role in GS so now I wait for other people from GS.
What I was told at that time they really did ... But nobody told me that the problem was addresses with the registry key ...
Searching and searching ... I found it ...
At the end the important thing is that I Solved the problem ...
Win 10 Pro 64bit
www.almadw.it
Katalin Takacs
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Dear Alessandro,

Thanks to your report and collaboration we have fixed this issue (database no. 148634) with a registry key. The fix was released in ArchiCAD 16 Hotfix 4 (build 3827).
Here you can find more information about this registry key: http://www.archicadwiki.com/RegistryKeys/EnableHiddenSelection

We are sorry for the delay in replying to this case. If you have any question or comment, please feel free to contact me.
Regards,
Katalin Takacs
alemanda
Advocate
... Hi Guys!
Are your multiple selections in real time?
Don't you have a lag in medium/big scenes when you make a multiple selection using SHIFT+CLICK?
I changed my Quadro FX1700 video card for a GTX660 hoping that the lag was due to openGL instructions. Honestly I'm still not satisfied and still frustrated by the slow selection ...
even ESC key produce a slow unselection ... sometimes (depending on how many elements are displayed) it takes 2 seconds!

I need a GURU.

AC13 was so fast and real time selection ... not depending on the scene. I miss it a lot!
Win 10 Pro 64bit
www.almadw.it
TMA_80
Enthusiast
Anyone is still having this issuein ArchiCAD 20 ?

I don't know if it is linked to my harware configuration but it is so frustrating compared to what it was prior to AC15 ?

i7 2630qm 2.00ghz (with turbo boost)
8go of ram
Nvidia 540m 2go of vram
win10 64x
AC12_20 |Win10_64bit|