Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

AC 19 arrow/marquee glitch

bgoodale
Booster
i keep getting a weird glitch where i have the arrow selection tool activated, i click once, it starts to form the selection box, but then won't click to define the second point, and im essentially stuck in the tool, cant slect or do anything else, and i have to use task manager to force quit.
AC 25
WINDOWS 10
AMD Ryzen 9 5950X 16-Core Processor 3.4 GHZ
128 GB RAM
64 Bit Operating System x64 based processor
AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
Can you give details of your operating system etc? There have been issues with Windows updates recently - more info might help people pinpoint the possible problem. (Don't say that with a mouth full of food)

Add your AC version and OS details to a the signature field in your forum profile (link above, right) for future reference.
bgoodale
Booster
ac 19 BUILd 4011
WINDOWS 7 Service Pack
HP Z Book
Intel Core i7 -4700MQ @ 2.40 Ghz
32 GB RAM
64 Bit Operating System
NVIDIA Qudro K3100M
Dual Monitor set-up (which I suspect is an aggravating factor, as i also get some weird palette glitches when using the second monitor)
AC 25
WINDOWS 10
128 GB RAM
AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT
bgoodale
Booster
any help? this is becoming a serious issue for me, making my AC basically unusable. i'm getting this weird cursor crash thing about every 10 to 15 minutes
AC 25
WINDOWS 10
128 GB RAM
AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT
Anonymous
Not applicable
I personally can't help you, but have you read other threads regarding recent crashes? IN THIS THREAD and THIS ONE TOO N Cornia suggests some fixes for Windows users. See if they are relevant in your case.
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
And of course the good old "update your graphics card drivers" advice should not be ruled out either as a possible solution.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
Having the exact same problem on multiple computers... any solutions yet?Will try graphics card driver update.
Anonymous
Not applicable
We recently bought a couple of new computers to the office and we run in to the same glitch.
Archicad gets stuck after selecting the first point of the selectionbox and unable to click anything else, escape or even the X to shut the program down.

As the user bgoodale, our computers are also HP zbooks - however we have tried both dual monitor setup and simply just the laptop.
Whats odd is that its about 50% of our new computers that have the problem.
The computers run some kind of HP-specific program in the background but I would assume the glitch would effect all of them...
I'm thinking of resolution-issues but I've tried changing them

Tried updating the graphics-driver but it didnt solve the issue

Help?
Anonymous
Not applicable
Our computers are Dell- so not exclusively an HP issue. Have done the graphics card driver updates as well, without solving the issue. Very frustrating.
Karl Ottenstein
Random thought - is there any possibility that you guys have 'click lock' enabled for your mouse in the mouse settings? Does this same behavior happen while creating a wall by rubber banding it?
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB