BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

AC 20 Memory Leak (iMac)

DGSketcher
Legend
Anyone else running out of memory?

I have been playing with AC20UKI quite happily since it was released. Today I took it live on a new project. I have a worksheet with a 1.4Mb (A1) PDF imported as an external reference which is being used as a trace reference for the ground story. I have quite quickly run out of "working memory". Fortunately managed to save my work on both occasions, the first with an autosave the second time I saved just before the GS bug reporter app kicked in.
Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)
5 REPLIES 5
Eduardo Rolon
Have seen the problem, usually when having textures or images in the file.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Anonymous
Not applicable
same happened to me many time with earlier versions also. Usually happening when you have multiple archicad open and one of them start to eat up memory. You have to restart all instance and problem is gone. I face this issue about one time a month.
Csaba Kezer
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
DGSketcher wrote:
Anyone else running out of memory?

I have been playing with AC20UKI quite happily since it was released. Today I took it live on a new project. I have a worksheet with a 1.4Mb (A1) PDF imported as an external reference which is being used as a trace reference for the ground story. I have quite quickly run out of "working memory". Fortunately managed to save my work on both occasions, the first with an autosave the second time I saved just before the GS bug reporter app kicked in.
Hi DGSketcher,

This appears to be an ARCHICAD 20 only issue. You can workaround this by using Trace & Reference with the Original Color. See more about this issue on our Help Center site: helpcenter.graphisoft.com/?p=62773

Best regards,
Csaba
Csaba Kézér
Director, Global Customer Support
Graphisoft
DGSketcher
Legend
Hi Csaba, Thanks for the workaround I will try that next time I need to trace... if the fix hasn't been issued by then.
Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)
Richard Swann
Booster
AC20 on new 27" iMac El Capitan 64GB RAM, Getting 'out of memory' notifications, I've never had that on same projects in AC19. Keeps falling over- total system-wide freeze occasionally with force restarts needed.
We're not going to touch 20 until this is sorted.
Richard Swann
Mac OS X 10.11.4 , 27" Imac 4k ArchiCAD 4.5-20
Learn and get certified!