Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

AC 22: Pan, Zoom, and Click stop working

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello,
We are experiencing a strange error in our office. We randomly loose the ability to pan zoom and click in Archicad windows. The computer isn't frozen, the cursor will move, but none of the buttons work in archicad...
The only way to get the model to respond is to restart Archicad. It is a bit annoying on deadline day to have to close out of your project and restart archicad, just so you can pan across a view.

Is anyone else seeing this error or have a fix?

Thank you, and Happy Thanksgiving to fellow Americans

Mac OS X 10.13, AC 22.4023
5 REPLIES 5
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Something you can try is:
1. Making sure that you have the latest ARCHICAD update installed.
2. Making sure that you have the latest graphics card driver installed.
I have seen such manifestations being caused by graphics drivers.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
I and others in my team sometimes have this problem in AC21 on a Mac.

I have found that if you click on the desktop, and then the archicad top window bar it usually comes back to life.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Jason wrote:

I have found that if you click on the desktop, and then the archicad top window bar it usually comes back to life.
I've got that issue after editing an object (in gdl editor) when I go back to the project. I have to switch to another app and then back to archicad to unfreeze it.
jameshart
Newcomer
I am having this problem as well. ArchiCAD responds to me clicking menu commands (but it doesn't do anything after I select a menu option.) Additionally I can click between layouts in the layout book (but I can't zoom in or select anything on the layouts.) Keyboard shortcuts like {command} + A for select all works, but the mouse will not select anything and I cannot zoom or pan.

Everything else on my computer is running fine.

I've already restarted my ArchiCAD once (about 20 minutes ago) and the problem is back again. While writing this I have restarted AC22 again, and the problem remains. (I'll restart my computer after I click post here.) I suspect the problem occurs when switching between ArchiCAD and another program?

Our firm is just migrating to AC22, we are noticing this on multiple projects. Our firm is on AC22 build 5009. We all have Macs here, mine is on 10.13.6, another affected computer is on 10.12.6.

Please help! Thanks!
ArchiCAD 22 (6021 USA Full), 2.5 GHz Intel Xeon W iMac Pro, 64 GB RAM, MacOS 10.14, AMD Radeon Pro Vega 64
jameshart
Newcomer
Jason wrote:

This did not resurrect my AC22
prot158 wrote:
I've got that issue after editing an object (in gdl editor) when I go back to the project. I have to switch to another app and then back to archicad to unfreeze it.
Unfortunately this did not work either.
ArchiCAD 22 (6021 USA Full), 2.5 GHz Intel Xeon W iMac Pro, 64 GB RAM, MacOS 10.14, AMD Radeon Pro Vega 64