BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

AC 22 crashing with DET_stud 22

Robby
Booster
Lately, AC 22 has been crashing on me whenever I try to detail using the Object DET_stud 22 located in the US library, Detailer Library 22 >Wood 22>Wood Frame 22

I have been working around it by copying the object from a previous drawing.....no crash then....
Anyone else having this problem?
Thanks....
Rob Marelli-
AC 26 & 27
MacBook Pro (2021) M1 Max -32 Gb RAM - Sonoma 14
10 REPLIES 10
Daniel Kovacs
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hi,

I played around with it a bit, and it seems to be working fine for me.

Is it crashing when you click to place it, or even in the settings dialog?
If you hold the alt key to pick up the settings of the previously placed object, and place the new one with those setting, does it still crash?

Could you send in a crash report next time this happens, and post the bug ID you get, so that I can take a look at the bug report?

Thanks,
Daniel Alexander Kovacs

Professional Services Consultant

GRAPHISOFT

For Troubleshooting and useful Tips & Tricks visit
Robby
Booster
Was hoping it would be fixed with the latest update but still seems to do it intermittently. Here's the bug ID:
AC22-2018-11-13-07-20-10-6819

Thanks for the help!
Rob Marelli-
AC 26 & 27
Anonymous
Not applicable
Just updated and tried to use and it crashed for me as well. some electrical objects have also crashed the program
Robby
Booster
Yes indeed, lately it has been crashing on me with several objects- the break line object has made AC crash, as has several of the connector objects........
Typically, it will crash when I try to adjust one of the parameters of the object.
Rob Marelli-
AC 26 & 27
Ralph Wessel
Mentor
This may be related to reports from some of our customers of crashing while editing certain objects. We sought advice from GS and they confirmed a bug that is currently being fixed. It might be the cause of this issue too.
Ralph Wessel BArch
Robby
Booster
Thanks for the info Ralph......
Rob Marelli-
AC 26 & 27
Daniel Kovacs
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hello Robby,

Sorry for the late reply. I am not sure whether it is the same issue as what Ralph found, but your BugID points to an error that we plan to fix in our next regular update of ARCHICAD 22 (build 50xx).

You should find the fix in the Release note as fix #254073. If after the update you will still get the crashes, please report it to your local support with this number.

Thanks,
Daniel Alexander Kovacs

GRAPHISOFT

Any workarounds in the meantime? Just Mac, or PC too?
Richard
--------------------------
Richard Morrison, Architect-Interior Designer
AC26 (since AC6.0), Win10
Daniel Kovacs
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hi,

Really good question. I looked into it, and it seems like we only received reports from macOS 10.14. Since it is caused by a change in how dialogs are handled on macOS, I couldn't find a proper workaround yet (it can happen in different dialogs, not only with this object).

Regards,
Daniel Alexander Kovacs

GRAPHISOFT

Learn and get certified!