BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

AC 22 extremely slow on macOS Mojave.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi, I'm using the latest release of AC 22 on a rMBP early 2013 with macOS Mojave. It's really annoying, that my mac slows down while AC 22 is running (mostly with a 2D window opened). Both in AC's window itself, and in other windows I have opened as well it's lagging, beach-balling, it's just useless.

AC also doesn't respond often, as I try to select elements. Then I have to zoom in or out to another view to be able to select something. (AC just simply doesn't respond on clicking.)

2D hardware acceleration is turned on.

Any ideas?

Thanks!
5 REPLIES 5
Ralph Wessel
Mentor
Not noticing that behaviour here. Have you taken a peek in Activity Monitor to see if anything is hogging the CPU or using a lot of energy?
Ralph Wessel BArch
DGSketcher
Legend
My iMac late 2013 is running a lot smoother with update 4023 (UKI). I appreciate some language updates haven't been released yet, have you installed it?
Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)
Daniel Kovacs
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hi,
  • Do you have ARCHICAD 21 installed? If you work with that, you don't have this problem?
  • Have you been testing this with an existing project, or a completely new one created from the template?
  • If you try the suggestion from this Help Center Article, does it help?
Thanks,
Daniel Alexander Kovacs

Professional Services Consultant

GRAPHISOFT

For Troubleshooting and useful Tips & Tricks visit
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,

thanks for your quick reply.

Other projects don't have the same problems, neither do so any in AC 21.
The Help Center Article didn't effect anything.

Panning in 2D is the slowest, then the processor is around 75-80%, and also system operations (gestures, changing windows) are slower, if AC's window is affected.

This symptom is permanent, last week it didn't occur, but it's not affected by other running applications.

Thanks again.
Daniel Kovacs
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hello Again,

Well, if you only experience slowness wit ha single project, then there's probably something in that project that causes the slowness. Maybe it is just extremely big (in polygon number or file size), or maybe there's a degenerated geometry somewhere.

If you could send it to me in a Private Message (in PLA format) I could take a look at it for you.

Thanks,
Daniel Alexander Kovacs

Professional Services Consultant

GRAPHISOFT

For Troubleshooting and useful Tips & Tricks visit
Learn and get certified!