BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

AC 23 working slowly

Roopa A
Contributor
Hi,

I installed AC 23 trial version, but it is taking a lot of time to open.

I am working on Desktop, with a configuration of Windows 7 professional, 32GB RAM, with a 64-bit operating system.

I have not opened any other software along with this.

What is the reason?

Thank you

Roopa A
Roopa A S
7 REPLIES 7
Define "a lot of time." 20 seconds? 20 minutes?
Richard
--------------------------
Richard Morrison, Architect-Interior Designer
AC26 (since AC6.0), Win10
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hi all,

I hope that you and your loved ones are doing well during these challenging times!

Thank you for your question and I am sorry about the issue!

First of all, ARCHICAD 23 is not supported on Windows 7. Although it might not be a contributing factor to this issue, I suggest using Windows 10 instead to ensure better compatibility in the future!

I believe you are using Trial license, is that correct? Can you describe a bit more about how it happens? Which part of the software is performing badly? If ARCHICAD freezes after click New/Browse in the startup dialog, the license may not be located. If there is any Firewall/Anti-virus software installed, I would like to make sure they are not interfering with the software.

Looking forward to hearing from you soon!

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT

Lingwisyer
Guru
If you are using a legit version of Win7, there are still free pathways to upgrade to Win10. Check compatibility with your other programs first as compatibility with many older versions of common programs was dropped which may result in issues when using those.

Ling.

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win11 | i9 10850K | 64GB | RX6600 Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660
Barry Kelly
I have not had trouble with the loading speed of Archicad 23 that may well be a Windows 7 problem.
However, I have come across problems with speed while using 23.
This has helped us.

https://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=69454#p309118

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Roopa A
Contributor
Hi,

When I open AC 23, it take 5 min to show it is trail version, then once selected the project it take 15 min to open.

Thank you,

Regards,
Roopa A
Roopa A S
Roopa A
Contributor
mnguyen wrote:
Hi all,

I hope that you and your loved ones are doing well during these challenging times!

Thank you for your question and I am sorry about the issue!

First of all, ARCHICAD 23 is not supported on Windows 7. Although it might not be a contributing factor to this issue, I suggest using Windows 10 instead to ensure better compatibility in the future!

I believe you are using Trial license, is that correct? Can you describe a bit more about how it happens? Which part of the software is performing badly? If ARCHICAD freezes after click New/Browse in the startup dialog, the license may not be located. If there is any Firewall/Anti-virus software installed, I would like to make sure they are not interfering with the software.

Looking forward to hearing from you soon!

Best regards,
Minh
I am working in windows 7.

Yes I am using trail license.

Firewall and antivirus is installed in this.
Roopa A S
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hi,

Thank you for the information. I suggest turning off Firewall/AV program for a short period to see if the slowness issue goes away after this. Usually, ARCHICAD will check for license after it gets pass the startup dialog (after clicking New/Browse). Therefore, I suspect that something must be blocking it from doing the work.

Let me know the result of this test!

Best regards,
Minh.

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT

Learn and get certified!