BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

AC slows down on startup screen with MacOS Big Sur

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,

I am using macOS Big Sur, and Archicad always slows down on the startup screen. It freezes for seconds, than reacts again, than freezes, etc. Therefore I cannot create new or browse recent and teamwork projects. The one way it can work, if I keep clicking on a Recently opened project. (After some freezing-reacting-freezing AC opens the Project.)

It's quite annoying.

(CodeMeter can reach the licence online, and it can be slow as well.)
4 REPLIES 4
DGSketcher
Legend
If you have a long list of files in the recent list see if you can remove some of them so you only have what you need on the list. I don't mean delete the actual files! I had a similar situation in AC23 that was caused by AC trying to update the previews in multiple files. These days I just show the file list not the preview version which is not as pretty but definitely quicker to use.
Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks! Do you have any suggestion, how I could delete them - not from the Startup screen? (On that I cannot do anything, it would freeze before any of them would be deleted.)
DGSketcher
Legend
I think you are stuck with the startup screen. Switch to list mode first. If deleting individual files in the list is too slow you could try typing in the filter box to limit the files in the list. When I had this problem my list was full of Hotlink .Mod files. Failing that you could nuke the list by selecting all with Cmd-A. Usual caution... Make sure everything is backed up before you do this!
Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Dear Aron,

Thank you very much for your report and I am very sorry about the issue!

If you have a big list of recent opened projects, it could be a culprit of the slowness. To clear all of them quickly without opening Archicad, you can delete the file "Recent Documents (Project).prf" and "Recent Documents (Symbol).prf" from the following location:

Mac HD/Users/<username>/Library/Preferences/GRAPHISOFT/AC 24.0.0 XXX v1
(whereas XXX is the language version of Archicad installation)

Please note that the Library folder (inside the Users folder) is a hidden one. To get there, in Finder, click the Go menu, press and hold Option on the keyboard, the Library folder will appear to select.

You also mentioned something about licensing, it could be a source of slowness as well (with unstable connection, Archicad fails to contact the license server - the startup process is affected). Please let me know if you have any problem with that.

Looking forward to hearing from you soon!

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT

Learn and get certified!