BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

AC10, Unavailable Sheet Index

Scott Bulmer
Booster
FWIW,

We have added an automatic Sheet Index into a condoc set, where soon after the drawing item is placed it cannot be updated and is listed as 'Unavailable' in the Drawing Manager. Attempting to error trap, the SI was added both as a View Set, and directly from the Project Map with the same results. This was reproduced in three different PLN files.

Separately (after the above is fixed), could there be a way to generate a hierarchical sheet index to automatically look like the attached?

Thanks as always,
Scott
AC27 v. 4060 w/ MEP, Cadimage, Twinmotion 2023.2.2 using AC from AC6.0, 2021 MacPro M1 chip, Adobe CC. Used AC on both platforms.
2 REPLIES 2
1. I have observed this issue, and I've reported it. Indexes will vanish from the project map/views, vanish from the Project Indexes menu, yet still be present in the layout, but there's no 'update' on their context menus, and they show as 'unavailable' in drawing manager. But you can see them in the Project Indexes dialog.

I found that by changing the name of one of the indexes, all would return to normal. Try it. (You can change it back.)

One cause I have isolated: Moving the project between machines.

2. The only way I can see to have divisions in the drawing list is have separate project indexes for different subsets, each with its own heading, and then stack them up in the layout. It's not ideal, because you probably have to realign them as they grow.

As far as I can tell, that's the way to do multiple columns too. I would love to be wrong about that.
James Murray

Archicad 25 • Rill Architects • macOS • OnLand.info
Scott Bulmer
Booster
James Murray wrote:
The only way I can see to have divisions in the drawing list is have separate project indexes for different subsets, each with its own heading, and then stack them up in the layout
James, thanks so much. I tried your work around suggestion successfully, and it makes the sheet index look much more professional.
I found that by changing the name of one of the indexes, all would return to normal. Try it. (You can change it back.)
Unfortunately, this did not work for me. I have to delete & place again the sheet index drawing to get it to update.

Appreciate al your thoughts.
Scott
AC27 v. 4060 w/ MEP, Cadimage, Twinmotion 2023.2.2 using AC from AC6.0, 2021 MacPro M1 chip, Adobe CC. Used AC on both platforms.
Learn and get certified!