Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

AC10 plotting fill bug?

Scott Bulmer
Booster
I guess this is where these items are being reported.

When either of the two 25% fills are set with the background pen as transparent (0), the fill plots as solid black. All other fills that we have tested are fine with the transparent background pen. Also, the 25% fills plot fine with other background pens set. Our plotter is an HP700 monochrome.

I don't recall if this was the case in AC9.
AC27 v. 4060 w/ MEP, Cadimage, Twinmotion 2023.2.2 using AC from AC6.0, 2021 MacPro M1 chip, Adobe CC. Used AC on both platforms.
24 REPLIES 24
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
900%!!!

How small is it??!

Can you upload a mod of it mate?

Cheers,
Link.
Anonymous
Not applicable
That's only the zoom on the screen. I have to get that close to see the fill correctly. It's a large building, 1:200 scale for A3 output (still at sketch plan stage). As for a mod, I will see what I can do, working on something else at present.
matthewjj
Newcomer
We are having similar issues with certain composites anything with a 25% fill plots solid black but prints out okay. Printing is an okay short-term solution but the quality is not what it is with plotting. We are using an OCE TDS600.
We have found a couple of work arounds:
1. Changing Wall background fills to white will allow us to Plot okay.
2. Printing instead of plotting works without having to manually change all wall in a project. This is not a satisfactory long-term solution.
matt johnson
archicad since 2004
imac 27, 4.2 GHz Intel i7, 16 GB RAM, radeon 575 4 GB, macOS 10.14.6
imac, 4.0ghz i7, 16gb ram, Radeon M9 390 2GB, OS X El Capitan
kevin b
Contributor
Was definitely not the case in AC9 as we have details that use the same fills that were fine in AC9 and not in AC10.

The transparent background does seem to be the problem, changing it to white brings back the original intended results.

In Addition to the 25% fill also effects the Gypsum Board fill (which is more or less the same fill) Have not tried other but I'd wouldn't be surprised if it didn't effect any of the similar fills (ie. small tightly regular spaced dots)
kevin s burns, AIA

massachusetts, usa

AC25 (1413), since AC6

Windows 10

Intel Core i7 -8700 @ 3.2 GHz~ 16 GB ram
Brad Elliott
Booster
This is an acknowledged bug. It was not fixed in the 966 update. The recommended workaround is print or change the background fill. The negative for this of course is that the fill is no longer transparent.
Mac OS12.6 AC26 USA Silicon
M1 Macbook Pro
matthewjj
Newcomer
All fills 25%, 50%, 75% and anything similar (Gypsum, etc.) are having this problem.

We need a fix A.S.A.P.!

Printing does not provide the necessary quality we need when reproducing drawings and changing ALL fills with affected fills is EMBARRASSING!!!

We cannot deploy AC 10 to 60 architects and say "BY THE WAY, CHANGE ALL YOUR FILLS TO HAVE A WHITE BACK GROUND!!!"
matt johnson
archicad since 2004
imac 27, 4.2 GHz Intel i7, 16 GB RAM, radeon 575 4 GB, macOS 10.14.6
imac, 4.0ghz i7, 16gb ram, Radeon M9 390 2GB, OS X El Capitan
TomWaltz
Participant
Suddenly I am really glad I never used the 25%, 50%, and 75% fills...
Tom Waltz
andrewzarb
Booster
I think the 25% fill bug is actually a half baked feature.

Those percentage fills were always a bit of a joke, insomuch as you couldn't get an exact shade. They now work (on screen anyhow) as you would expect a shade to work.

Unfortunately they don't plot , not nicely anyway" and look rather awful and opaque when printed as a PDF with Amyuni. Hopefully this "feature" will be completed soon.
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
This problem is an official bug. I’ve heard that if you choose any other pen as background (including pen 91 white) then it does not plot black. Of course, it will not be transparent.

Cheers,
Link.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Where can you control the SCREEN PERCENTAGE? I see the 25% grey, 50% Grey - This feature does not work the way the industry standard works. As far as I can see. Can anyone else fill in the facts about grey scale in ArchiCAD 10?

On my printed output, I would like to specify a newspaper type screen percentage. In traditional printing grey tones need to be screened for the press, 300 lines is a high amount per inch. Newspaper is about 60 lpi. So a 60 lpi grey tone (printed) would have a course dot pattern. All I can get is a very fine dot pattern- Looks like 150 lpi . Where can I control this output in the publisher?