BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

AC11 Screen is Black

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi All,

I'm Eddy from Indonesia

My AC11 screen display project is black, Why?
I'm to section & elevation to normally and back to floor plan is black.

A normally floor plan and go up story is screen floor plan is black and go down stroy is screen floor plan is black, Why ?
Please hel me solution..

My Hardware specs.
LCD Viewsonic 22" VG2230wm
Proc. 2 x AMD Opteron 2210 (4 core)
4 GB DDR2 Corsair ECC
VGA NVidia Geforce 8800 GTX (Driver 162.18 WHQL)
2x WD Rapton 150GB 10.000 rpm
Mobo TYAN S2927

Thanks, and sorry my english
AC9-2219, AC10 1188, AC11-1040 Full INT
14 REPLIES 14
Anonymous
Not applicable
Are you sure you have the right pen set? In AC11, the pen set is also stored in the navigator view (is this the right translation for - in german - "Ausschnitt"?)
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks Mr. Gerstenlaub

I'm used setting pen default architectural 100 AC11 and layer drafting in navigator view default AC11.

Is trouble for NVIDIA Geforce 8XXX series drivers?, I'm trial using my CPU Opteron 165 and 3DLABS Wildcat Realizm 100 and no problem black. I can't used longtime CPU Opteron 165 and wildcat realizm 100 because old my CPU.

I'm send picture used Geforce 8800GTX normally condition, why is black?

Please help me solution..

AC9-2219, AC10 1188, AC11-1040 Full INT Win XP+SP2
My AC11 Normal.jpg
__archiben
Booster
EDDY wrote:
Please help me solution..
check your fill visibility settings in 'Model View Options'. it looks as though your 'cut' and 'cover' fills are set to 'solid' . . .

~/archiben
b e n f r o s t
b f [a t ] p l a n b a r c h i t e c t u r e [d o t] n z
archicad | sketchup! | coffeecup
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks Mr. Archiben

I'm check visibility settings in 'Model View Options' a normally not black in fill contours.

my screen AC11 is black together when command ctrl-c (copy) line or fill or object and go up story plan is black and scroll mouse a normally, and when command ctrl-c (copy) and go up story or go down story is black screen and my scroll mouse back to normally, is continous black, normally black normally...

Please help..
what it's bug lite in AC11? or Nvidia Geforce 8XXX series?, My AC10 run normally and no problem. i see any problem topic hardware in forum
http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=17651

__archiben
Booster
EDDY wrote:
... my screen AC11 is black together when command ctrl-c (copy) line or fill or object and go up story plan is black and scroll mouse a normally, and when command ctrl-c (copy) and go up story or go down story is black screen and my scroll mouse back to normally, is continous black, normally black normally...
ah - then i misunderstood your question. are you saying that your entire screen goes black when you are navigating around? or just that all of your pens are black when normally they are in colour?

if the former, then i would guess that you do have a graphics card problem. if, on the other hand, your problem lies with the pens, you should know that AC11 now saves the penset with the view. if you navigate around your project using the 'View Map' you may be finding that your penset is changing based on your view settings...

~/archiben
b e n f r o s t
Anonymous
Not applicable
Dear Mr. Archiben

I understand using pen set in view map and navigator.
My pen sets is default AC 11 and I modifield number 247-255 is custom size black and no setting is my drawing plan, I'm used pen sets number 1-120 default AC11 and no pen set number 247-255 custom.

Any problem http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=17651
My Geforce 8800GTX is good and no anomally or trouble.

I'm plan to buy Quadro FX 4600 or 5600 and some problem in forum http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=17651
I'm wait to buy.

Any body some problem Geforce 8800GTX?, how with Quadro FX 3450 is best and no problem?
Thanks for all GS forum, I'm wait clear solution My Geforce 8800GTX.
sorry my english..

Eduardo Rolon
I just saw this working on a project. In my case either going up or down a story makes all the elements black until AC does a refresh by itself (mostly a pan), manual rebuild doesn't work. I have been working on this project since last year and this is the first time I have seen this.

It happens with native AC11 files also, just grab an object -> command C (for copy), go up a story and it is black until you pan.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

__archiben
Booster
ejrolon wrote:
I just saw this working on a project. In my case either going up or down a story makes all the elements black until AC does a refresh by itself (mostly a pan), manual rebuild doesn't work. I have been working on this project since last year and this is the first time I have seen this.
ah! gotcha. i seem to recall this happened way back in an early beta but i thought they had it nailed. for what it's worth, i have no trouble (ATI X1900). does it happen all the time you copy/paste, or is there some specific thing that causes it?

~/archiben
b e n f r o s t
Eduardo Rolon
It is very weird. When Command+C and go down one floor it will turn black and it will stay black as long as you don't paste whatever you copied and then do a pan.

My G5's card is a Nvidia GeForce 6800 and this is the first time I see this.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Learn and get certified!