Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

AC11 hotfix 1200 install error

Anonymous
Not applicable
Guys,

I am not able to install hotfix 1200 on either my MBP or my PBG5. Both tries I get an error message and the installer quits. I have included the log file, maybe there is something in there that indicates the problem. I read the posts that suggested permissions problem, and I have updated user and application folder permissions to be rwx across the board, but same error. Is there a specific file or folder that I am missing the messed up permissions on? Any help would be great. Been going on since hotfix was first released.

Chris

MBP 2Ghz, 2mb RAM, 80G hd, OSX 10.5.2; PMG5 2.0 Ghz, 6.0mb Ram, 200 GB HD, OSX 10.4.11
3 REPLIES 3
Greg Kmethy
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
I may sound like a parrot, but the log file indicates that it is still a permission problem. The installer is very whimsical about the permissions - every file and folder down to the bottom in the ArchiCAD folder has to be rw. Now, you have indicated that you have set everything to rwx, so I am a bit puzzled.

Is there anything in your ArchiCAD folder that is not part of the original installaton (third party add-ons, custom libraries, anything?) Check how their permissions are different from components that belong to the original installation.
Gergely Kmethy
VP, Customer Success, Graphisoft
Anonymous
Not applicable
I was able just today to install the 1200 and 1210 hotfixes, so things are now working. I am not sure what the hangup was. I do have Cadimage Tools installed, and I do have libraries from Objects Online, but I thought I had the permissions correct. Where in the log file did it say permissions issues? I couldn't make sense of it.

Thanks
Greg Kmethy
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
It does not say it explicitly, but the combination of magic words "GSMacDirectoryIterator" and "NullPointerException" indicates that.

You know how it goes with programmers - they never say anything in plain language. Makes them feel special
Gergely Kmethy
VP, Customer Success, Graphisoft