Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

AC14 launches AC13

Anonymous
Not applicable
For sometime I've been having an issue that AC13 launches when using AC14. I have not been able to tie it down to any particular action within AC14. Is anybody else been seeing this issue? Not a real problem, just annoying.
5 REPLIES 5
Eduardo Rolon
Are you double clicking the files to open them?
If so do a Command+I on the File and in "Open With" select Archicad 14 and the "Change All"
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Anonymous
Not applicable
No. This is happing while working in AC14. I've confirmed that it has happened to at least one other person in our office.
Eduardo Rolon
AFAIK that is not supposed to happen unless somebody is messing up with your heads by using a script/service to auto launch AC13 while you work

Wild Guess…

Check your shortcuts for opening a project (and variations like join teamwork, Work Environment) to see if you might hit a combo while working that causes AC13 to launch.

You can try to see if there is something in the Services Menu (System Preferences -> Keyboard -> Keyboard Shortcuts) that launches a specific file that only opens with 13.

HTH
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Barry Kelly
Do you have a hotlink to a 13 file or maybe a draing in the layouts that is linked to an external 13 file?
Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
Okay, I finally figured this one out! We use a small macro program that will relocate a window by holding down the mouse button and a certain key combination. This was causing AC13 to start up.