BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

AC16 build 3487, 32 bit multiple file crash problem

Anonymous
Not applicable
Our office is in the process of getting new computers to run AC17. Until then, I am using a Windows XP (SP3) 32 bit machine (specs are at the bottom). When the original AC16 was released last year, there was a bug that crashed Archicad when you tried to open more than 1 file. The bug was fixed in a hotfix, but now I am crashing whenever I try to open more than 1 file. Not being able to copy clip data from one file into another is really annoying. I have tried saving out parts of the one file, but it still will crash. Has anyone else had this issue?

I have reinstalled and repaired Archicad to try to fix this.

Secondary question. At my house I have have a Windows 8 machine and am running the 64 bit version of AC16. For some reason, if a file either original from the 64 bit machine, or was started on the 32 bit machine, then saved on the 64 bit machine, if I go to open it back up on the 32 bit machine, it crashes every time. Once a file is saved in the 64 bit format is it incompatible with the 32 bit format?

Unfortunately the project I am working on cannot "wait it out" until we get the new computers and AC17.

Thanks for your input

Jeff
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable
UPDATE

After trying everything under the sun to try to get the items transferred, I saved a copy of the original file in AC15 format and was able to transfer into the new file (after about 5-6 crashes).

It still begs why is it crashing to begin with? This computer acts "weird" sometimes when not in Archicad, so it might be a Windows issue.
Learn and get certified!