Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

AC20 and AC19 Texture Display fuzzy

Anonymous
Not applicable
So I have experienced this issue in AC19 and the same file in AC20 behaves the same way. I am not sure how to resolve it.

So I have my project model very far from the orin and the texture there show up correctly.

I wanted to model a small part of my project somewhere else in the file, but this time it's next to the origin. Each face of the wall shows the texture differently and fuzzy.

I check the image size and its 1152 x 1152, also there is a bug in AC19 and AC20 where the image size doesn't display if it has too many characters?

fuzzy texture ac19.jpg
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable
Well, I had reset all texture origin to default and it still was fuzzy.
After changing origin the texture showed up correctly.

Where can I find more info on user origin and texture origin and how they relate if at all.
Anonymous
Not applicable
You should always setup your project at the origin, setting up a long way from the origin will increase errors in the project and also lead to inconsistencies as you are experiencing.
This problem exists in most CAD and BIM packaged as the database where all info (coordinates and other info) only has a limited length of fields, so by adding a stack of numerals for distance from the origin before the decimal point you limit the number after the decimal point.
If you need to reference a survey point you can use the coordinate library part and input required survey coordinate info into that

Scott
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
I also like having the origin as a logical point on my model (generally two first grid axis meet there), it helps me see odd dimension input right away in the coordinate box when I am modelling things.
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes, I agree we should never have models use the Civil coordinates. Someone didn't think it would have any issues when creating the file, when I realized it was that far away it was too late in the process to change. In retrospect I probably should have done it anyways and bite the bullet.
Anonymous
Not applicable
That is how I like to set up my projects too, when I get to start them.
Erwin wrote:
I also like having the origin as a logical point on my model (generally two first grid axis meet there), it helps me see odd dimension input right away in the coordinate box when I am modelling things.
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
It is easy enough to fix though, turn on all layers, renovation status show all, put a bold marquee around the entire model in plan view and drag to move it.
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes, but then all the layout views need to be redone and section/elevation have more issues as things aren't all linked to the model, so you would need to move everything in each of those views.

On top of it all we had already sent coordination DWG and IFC models with coordinates for our point clouds. So its more work for everyone which is why I didn't and still wont do it. We are in CA now so it's not worth it.
Erwin wrote:
It is easy enough to fix though, turn on all layers, renovation status show all, put a bold marquee around the entire model in plan view and drag to move it.