Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

AC21 Shadow Diagram display issue b/n View Map & Layout Book

Elemental_BD
Participant
HI All,

Currently having issues with the display of my Shadow Diagrams in AC21 - I use 3D documents taken from a 'top view' of the model to create a live image that can be annotated.

However, between the View Map and Layout Book the appearance changes, with the actual 3D model disappearing, and only the shadow/2D annotations visible.

The next issue is that this appearance sometimes occurs in the View Map too.

I've tried changing View Overrides etc and they work in the short term both in the View Map and Layout Book however it always reverts back.

Has anyone else experience this?

Below are three images to demonstrate the issue - first is how it should appear in View Map and the second is it not working in View Map.

Shadow_Working.JPG
7 REPLIES 7
Elemental_BD
Participant
Shadow Not Working
Daniel Kovacs
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Dear Elemental_BD,

I think this might be a known issue. It looks like you ran into the bug, that if you switch between views of 3D documents the outlines might go missing. When the View looks wrong, please try doing a Rebuild & Regenerate (ctrl+alt+shift+R, or available in View>Refresh while holding the Shift key), and see if that fixes it. If it does, then you have the same problem.

Most of the time it works fine when you publish the layouts these views are placed on, please see if that's true for you as well. The bug should be fixed in a future update (unfortunately not the one coming in a few weeks).

Kind Regards,
Daniel Alexander Kovacs

Professional Services Consultant

GRAPHISOFT

For Troubleshooting and useful Tips & Tricks visit
Elemental_BD
Participant
Thanks for the reply.

The regeneration works in the view map, however I still have issues in the layout book with the shadows not appearing.

Is there a short term fix for this?
Daniel Kovacs
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hi,

Unfortunately, I don't know about any. If you find one, I think we would all be happy to hear about it.

What you can check, is if it is fine on PDFs after publishing those layouts (in that case it is just a "display issue" on layouts, but your published papers should be fine). Also, see if manually updating the drawing on the layout helps.

Regards,
Daniel Alexander Kovacs

GRAPHISOFT

Anonymous
Not applicable
Is there an update with this issue?
Our company uses 3D documents for sketch elevations on every job and we do ~800 jobs a year.
We haven't been able to transition from 18 to 21 because of this issue, and are desperately awaiting a resolution. Is it a graphics card cache issue?
David (Wisdom Homes)
Daniel Kovacs
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
DJ wrote:
Is there an update with this issue?
Our company uses 3D documents for sketch elevations on every job and we do ~800 jobs a year.
We haven't been able to transition from 18 to 21 because of this issue, and are desperately awaiting a resolution. Is it a graphics card cache issue?
David (Wisdom Homes)
Hello,

According to the current schedule, this update should be included in the 70xx build's update package. We are about to release 60xx so that's going to be a little bit down the road (that's the next update).

Regards,
Daniel Alexander Kovacs

GRAPHISOFT

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks Daniel,
Guess we'll wait for 22.