Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

AC21 - updating drawing on layout

alemanda
Advocate
Hi,
I've recently update to win 10.
In AC21 I'm now facing a strange behaviour during layout drawing update process.
When I open a layout, drawing update process takes longer than before and in particular it seems that drawing update stops when I switch to another program and resumes when I go to archicad window. The result is that I have to wait for archicad to update the drawing ...
If I'm not wrong, previously AC updated the drawings in background. I mean even switchin to another program AC continued with drawing update task.
Moreover I noticed that the drawing update process is done 2 or 3 times ... I mean it ends and restarts again ... like in a loop ...
AC 19 and AC21 latest hotfix
Win 10 Pro 64bit
Double XEON 14 CORES (tot 28 physical cores)
32GB RAM - SSD 256GB - Nvidia Quadro K620
Display DELL 25'' 2560x1440
www.almadw.it
8 REPLIES 8
alemanda
Advocate
I add the following.

I have the layout opened in AC21.
Update process is terminated.
I switch to another program
I go back to AC21 window (layout opened)
The drawing update process is repeated again.

Very strange.
VERY ANNOYING
Win 10 Pro 64bit
www.almadw.it
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi!
Any news about this error?
This bug is wasting huge production time on the Project workflow
alemanda
Advocate
I've been recently contacted by support and I did the following (as per their instructions):
- browse to c:\Users\<your-username>\GRAPHISOFT\ARCHICAD-64 Log Folder and locate the “FastLogger” folder.
- Delete all log files and then run ARCHICAD performing the steps/commands to reproduce the issue.

This solved the problem for me.
I think they are investigating on the reason why it happens.
Win 10 Pro 64bit
www.almadw.it
Daniel Kovacs
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hello everyone,

I am not sure the Fastlogger folder deleting thing is related to this, but we have a problem in ARCHICAD 21 that it will keep reverting drawings to "needs checking" status (even though nothing changed), so when you switch back it refreshes drawings. This should be fixed in the next update of ARCHICAD 21 (5002), which is already available as a preview version.

If someone has a a similar problem, this might be the solution to it!

Regards,
Daniel Alexander Kovacs

Professional Services Consultant

GRAPHISOFT

For Troubleshooting and useful Tips & Tricks visit
alemanda
Advocate
Just to inform you that the issue is still there after updating to latest build.
Win 10 Pro 64bit
www.almadw.it
Daniel Kovacs
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
alemanda wrote:
Just to inform you that the issue is still there after updating to latest build.
Hi,

If it is still a problem on your machine/project, then it must be caused by something else. Just to make sure we are on the same page here: as far as I understand your problem is that if you switch to another application and then back to ARCHICAD 21 (5021), then it will start updating the (already updated) drawings again.

Could you test it on another machine, to see if it is computer specific, or file specific? If it turns out that your project works like this on multiple computers, could you send it over to me in a PM, so that I can try?

Thanks,
Daniel Alexander Kovacs

Professional Services Consultant

GRAPHISOFT

For Troubleshooting and useful Tips & Tricks visit
alemanda
Advocate
Actually it seems that my issue is related to the bigger project I'm working on, which has been originated in AC19 and then was moved to AC21.
However I would need to find the solution in order to avoid big waste of time.
Win 10 Pro 64bit
www.almadw.it
Mats_Knutsson
Advisor
dkovacs wrote:
alemanda wrote:
Hi,

If it is still a problem on your machine/project, then it must be caused by something else. Just to make sure we are on the same page here: as far as I understand your problem is that if you switch to another application and then back to ARCHICAD 21 (5021), then it will start updating the (already updated) drawings again.

Could you test it on another machine, to see if it is computer specific, or file specific? If it turns out that your project works like this on multiple computers, could you send it over to me in a PM, so that I can try?

Thanks,
Hi,
I'd like to bump this AC21 (8002). Several computers so not computer specific. Template file originally frm AC19. Really annoying on larger projects.
/Mats
AC 25 SWE Full

HP Zbook Fury 15,6 G8. 32 GB RAM. Nvidia RTX A3000.