Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

AC22 Crash when paste a preview picture in the object dialogue

fabioferrini
Enthusiast
In AC22 if you create a new object and the copy and paste a 3d image of your object in the preview dialogue, and save it, when you close the dialogue Archicad fatally crash on Mac Version!

MacOS High Sierra 10.13.6 / AC224005 ITA full.

Regards

Fabio
4 REPLIES 4
Daniel Kovacs
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hello,

I tried, and it didn't crash for me. Maybe I did something differently.

Could you recreate this crash, send in a bug report, and then post the Bug ID you get, so that I can check the report in our database?

Thanks,
Daniel Alexander Kovacs

Professional Services Consultant

GRAPHISOFT

For Troubleshooting and useful Tips & Tricks visit
fabioferrini
Enthusiast
Thanks, here it is!
AC22-2018-10-31-12-00-18-5345
my steps are:
1) create an object with Archiforma and save it
2) select the object > 3DOpenGL view > made a small square selection in the 3D view > copy
3) select the object in floor plan and open it > reserve the object (teamwork mode)
4) choose the preview dialogue > paste the picture saved
5) save my operation (I'm macOSso apple/S shortcut) > close the dialogue (apple/W shortcut)
6) return to work in floor plan
7) Archicad immediately crash

We have 3 iMac with MACos High Sierra 10.13.6 and any PC have the same bug response AC22 4005 ITA
best regard
Fabio
Daniel Kovacs
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hello,

Thanks for the bug ID and the detailed steps. I managed to find a related issue in our system (fix #245738).

We are trying to fix this before our next update (50xx). It happens because of a curious interlocking of things, but the crash always happens after closing the Object Editor.

What you should try to avoid the crash (it is triggered by something else in different cases):
- Don't open the Object Editor windows in a new window, open them in a tab
- Close all other Object Editor tabs before closing the Object Editor
- If you have the Preview Navigator Palette Open, close it before opening the object
- It also only happens on macOS, so if you have a Windows machine, you can avoid the crash using that.

I hope one of these will help you. Let me know how it went.

Regards,
Daniel Alexander Kovacs

Professional Services Consultant

GRAPHISOFT

For Troubleshooting and useful Tips & Tricks visit
fabioferrini
Enthusiast
Thanks for your answer!
It is not a big problem, when I create a new objects, I'd like to save a preview of them. I'll be waiting for the update, in the meantime I'll try you suggest.

Ciao!

Fabio