Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

AC22 Zoom & Pan issues

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm new to AC and to this forum, but I am getting some weird display issues when I zoom & pan in a 2D worksheet. We've tested it on a few machines and it appears to be in the file but I'm at a loss. Any ideas?

When I zoom in and out it is very jumpy, but only in the worksheet. If I put the worksheet on to a layout, it is smooth and I don't get the issue. If I pan after I've zoomed in/out it leaves remnants of the previous zoom level.
All of my display/graphics drivers are up to date.
I've tried updating and removing my mouse software (Logitec G502) and tried the mouse polling rate at multiple settings.
I have stripped all other 3D elements, views and layouts from the file, saved as to another file but still get this.
Restarting the program and/or computer does nothing to fix this.
Anyone else come across this? Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks, Dave.
4 REPLIES 4
SeRohde
Booster
I experience the same Issue and can confirm it, but on a different System and ArchiCad Version.
System has two Monitors. In addition tried to move/close all floating Windows and Panels to the Primary Screen, without any result.

ArchiCad Version 21 (6013-1.2)
Teamwork Project on ArchiCad Server 21.0.0.6002

Windows 10 Pro (1809)
Core i5-6400 (2.7/ 3.30 GHz)
16GB RAM, PNY PCIe 2GB Quadro K620, Drivers are up to date
Mouse: MS Wireless 1000
Admin of BIM [Cloud] [SaaS] [Server] | AC 19-25 [Win&Mac Clients] | VM's
Daniel Kovacs
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hi,

Based on the picture it looks like the Worksheet has far from origin elements (or elements that are far from each other). Here's an article explaining how to trace far from origin issues down, and how to fix them:
https://helpcenter.graphisoft.com/?p=25447

It is worth to read the whole thing, but the "A Worksheet is far from origin" section is the one you are looking for! I hope you can fix the issue with this.

Regards,
Daniel Alexander Kovacs

Professional Services Consultant

GRAPHISOFT

For Troubleshooting and useful Tips & Tricks visit
Anonymous
Not applicable
Daniel, thank you for the response, but I don't think that is the case. I must be missing something.

This is a 3 story building, symmetrical in all directions, we use the project origin as the center of the model.

This is a 2D section drawn over a similar building section as a trace reference. The origin of the worksheet is the center of the first floor slab. Max distance from origin to another object within the work sheet is 36-37 feet. You can see the origin in the images below.

Thanks,
Dave
Daniel Kovacs
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hi,

A lot of times this can be caused by something deeply hidden (eg. there's a definition in an object that makes it seem far, but there are no visible elements in the floor plan). If you send me over the project in a private message, I can take a look at it for you!

Regards,
Daniel Alexander Kovacs

Professional Services Consultant

GRAPHISOFT

For Troubleshooting and useful Tips & Tricks visit