BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

AC22 problem when zooming (scroll wheel)

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have a problem in AC22 when using scroll wheel to zoom
it keeps resetting the view to a view seemingly where the layout was saved to a particular zoom
even though i have changed the layout settings to 'ignore zoom and rotation when opening in this view'
I have drawn a line larger than the extent of the zoom to test if it was fitting to extents, but it is not fitting extents automatically

just as im using the scroll wheel it is as if it is resetting the view to this pre-determined zoom level, no matter what zoom i am at this is also affected with drafting
if i zoom out and draw a line larger than the view extent and then click to draw a new line, once the scroll wheel is used the start of the line being drawn is as if the view was at the 'set zoom view' im not sure what else to call it, was clicked as if it was already at this set zoom level, it makes using ac22 basically un-usuable to do any drafting without making the user MAD!
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable
I have the same issue, as described in the original post. It happens to any member of a specific team, so it does not seem to be related to computer hardware. They are either using WIN7 or WIN10. Restarting ARCHICAD helps the problem, but it's a big TW project and logging back can take up to 15 minutes, which is an issue, when it happens 1-2 a day.

Zooming seems to reset to a specific view at each scroll. If I select the zoom from the drop down list from the navigation bar at the bottom, it will remember that and will snap to that value at the start of each scroll.

Similarly, it will reset to a preferred location at the start of each pan, regardless of where the pan has started. This makes certain areas of the plan inaccessible.

So only restart will help, but we want to avoid that, as it takes so much time for users to log back in.

Any other ideas?
Learn and get certified!