BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

AC23 - Quadro 4000 and Twinmotion

Here is my system:
ARCHICAD 23
AMD Ryzen Threadripper 1900X 8-Core Processor 3.8 GHz with 32.0 GB
Windows 10 64-bit Op. Sys, x64 based processor
NVIDIA Quadro 4000

Using Twinmotion with a very simple model resulted in catastrofic crashes where I had no reponse from the keyboard, from the mouse and black displays.
I had to turn off the power manually and recover the .PLN
Consulting with NVIDIA revealed that they discontinued support for the Quadro 4000
Further research suggests using RTX 2070 or higher gaming cards if Twinmotion will work properly.

Before emptying my wallet for any perceived advantage in using Twinmotion I would like to hear some other users experience while using AC and Twinmotion and their hardware recommendations.

Thanks and be safe and remain healty.
Win 10 Home Premium - AMD Phenom IIX6 1090T Processor 3.20 GHZ 8.00 GB RAM 64-bit Opp. Sys NVIDIA Quadro 4000 AC 22, MEP
2 REPLIES 2
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
We've noticed poor quality as well with older Quadro hardware.

However, CPU driven renderers such as the built in Cinerender work fine on our older workstation hardware and benefit a lot from the multicore Xeon processors. I would imagine it is the same for your AMD Ryzen CPU.

I have a feeling (so not based on hard facts!) that using Twinmotion going forward, you'll have more hardware upgrades that are needed, to keep using it optimally over the years. So besides the future investment of Twinmotion (it will not be free forever to use the latest version), that is another thing to consider.
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
Lingwisyer
Guru
Unless you are banking on real time ray tracing within the programs you are using, I do not see any advantages in getting a 20 series card over a 10 series.

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win11 | i9 10850K | 64GB | RX6600 Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660
Learn and get certified!