Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

AC24 Bug Reporter on macOS

schagemann
Enthusiast
With AC24 there seems to be a new Bug Report interface, which at least visually looks much improved over the previous version.

Unfortunately, though it seems that on macOS you can not opt to quit or cancel the new Bug Report without submitting a report... ironically for us only 'Force Quitting' the Bug Report seems to work for us.

Has anyone else noticed this?
macinteract
Design Technology Managers.
All  on macOS | since AC 6

Archicad Framework > Smart Template 27
Smart Tree, Transmittal and Universal Label and other smart GDL Objects
By Architects for Architects.
10 REPLIES 10
Romans
Expert
Please report the bugs. Unfortunately, there are many in 24. So many freezes....
Apple iMac Pro with macOS Sonoma, AC 5.0 to 27 INT and GER, all the latest
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
schagemann wrote:
With AC24 there seems to be a new Bug Report interface, which at least visually looks much improved over the previous version.

Unfortunately, though it seems that on macOS you can not opt to quit or cancel the new Bug Report without submitting a report... ironically for us only 'Force Quitting' the Bug Report seems to work for us.

Has anyone else noticed this?
Hi,

Thank you for sharing your experience with the new Bug Report!

As far as I know, this is the intended behavior. Even on Windows, without sending the report, the Bug Report dialog cannot be close. It can only be "force closed" via the Task Manager. I'm not quite sure about the reason, so let me ask the developers about this.

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT

Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Romans wrote:
Please report the bugs. Unfortunately, there are many in 24. So many freezes....
Hi,

Thank you for sharing your experience and I am very sorry about the inconvenience that you had with Archicad 24.

As I explained above, this is not a bug with the Bug Reporter. What you described is quite different from what we've heard so far about Archicad 24. Could you let me know if you encounter the same freezes with previous versions? During which operation do you see Archicad freezes?

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
GRAPHISOFT

ChrisB
Participant
I'd agree with Romans that you report all bugs, as having suffered 20+ crashes with Archicad 24 over the last two weeks, there are problems with the program.

Each of these crashes has been reported using the new reporter & email address supplied. So far no feedback but hopefully Graphisoft are following these up...
AC16-24 Solo (latest version)
OSX 10.15.6 - MacBook Pro 16" 2.4 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9 - 64Gb DDR4 - AMD Radeon Pro 5500M 8 GB
schagemann
Enthusiast
@Minh > Thanks for following up - have you heard anything back from the devs. Surely this can not be intentional, and if it is they really need to rethink this... the behaviour is completely contrary to any other app on macOS (although I avoid using Windows as much as possible, it seems that this behaviour is strange even there...).
macinteract

schagemann
Enthusiast
@ChrisB > Unless there is a major reason to use the first build of any new software version (not just ARCHICAD), we never use it in a production environment. I have never seen any feature or improvement, that would warrant the main you typically have to endure until the first (and sometimes 2nd) update becomes available.
macinteract

Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
schagemann wrote:
@Minh > Thanks for following up - have you heard anything back from the devs. Surely this can not be intentional, and if it is they really need to rethink this... the behaviour is completely contrary to any other app on macOS (although I avoid using Windows as much as possible, it seems that this behaviour is strange even there...).
Hi,

Thank you for the feedback! I have forwarded the concern to the developers about how the dialog should work. I totally understand it, and I hope that they will give me an answer soon!

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
GRAPHISOFT

Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
schagemann wrote:
Hi,

I just received the explanation from the designer. She confirmed that this is intentional. The Bug Reporter cannot be closed without sending at least an anonymous report. This change was made due to the new GDPR compliant reporting system. We cannot collect/store unsent bug reports on the user side anymore (although it used to be common workflow in previous versions). It would need an extraordinary amount of development to solve sending unsent reports in the background. As we have no option to get these reports later, we need to send the report immediately. The GSReport app can be closed only from Task Manager on Windows, or from Activity Monitor on macOS.

Thank you for your report, and I am very sorry for the inconvenience! Should you have any further questions, feel free to ask me again!

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
GRAPHISOFT

schagemann
Enthusiast
Thanks for following up.

Can I make the following suggestion though - as this behaviour is not obvious, it should be stated somewhere in the window that you must send either anonymously or force quit.

As it stands at the moment it leaves a rather bad user impression IMHO.
macinteract