Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.
SOLVED!

AC25 User Manual of the air

KeesW
Advocate

I tried to access the on-line AC25 PDF User guide and got the following message:

"The resource you are looking for has been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable."

This is disastrous - 4040 pages of useful content completely inaccessible if one is looking for specific things. Perhaps its been taken off air to create a detailed word index and/or give it some page numbers!

Cornelis (Kees) Wegman

cornelis wegman architects
AC 5 - 26 Dell XPS 8940 Win 10 16GB 1TB SSD 2TB HD RTX 3070 GPU
Laptop: AC 24 - 26 Win 10 16GB 1TB SSD RTX 3070 GPU
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Solution

OK, it was pointed out to me that the PDF file is not available. I also reported it to our engineers, we will try to fix it as soon as possible. Please use the above link in the mean time.

Thank you.

Noémi Balogh

Community Expert, Admin

View solution in original post

Solution

I was able to download and save it as a PDF from the link above. Thank you. I notice that you now have page numbers in the user guide, but still don't have a comprehensive word index that can relate to these page numbers. Yes, a lot of work to create this but most software manuals include such indices. Can I suggest that the money saved but not printing manuals for each sale of Archicad be spent on producing a comprehensive word or topic based index? Archicad used to have this.

Cornelis (Kees) Wegman

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Noemi Balogh
Community Admin
Community Admin

Hi KeesW,

You can access the user guides on our help server, in case of Archicad 25, it's here: https://help.graphisoft.com/AC/25/INT/#t=_AC25_Help%2F001_ACHelpIntro%2F001_ACHelpIntro-1.htm

You can replace INT with other language codes if it is needed (e.g.: ITA - Italian, GER - German, HUN - Hungarian, etc.)

May I ask you to share the link with me which did not work for you?

Thank you,
Noémi

Noémi Balogh

Community Expert, Admin

Solution

OK, it was pointed out to me that the PDF file is not available. I also reported it to our engineers, we will try to fix it as soon as possible. Please use the above link in the mean time.

Thank you.

Noémi Balogh

Community Expert, Admin

Solution

I was able to download and save it as a PDF from the link above. Thank you. I notice that you now have page numbers in the user guide, but still don't have a comprehensive word index that can relate to these page numbers. Yes, a lot of work to create this but most software manuals include such indices. Can I suggest that the money saved but not printing manuals for each sale of Archicad be spent on producing a comprehensive word or topic based index? Archicad used to have this.

Cornelis (Kees) Wegman

Virgil_1
Contributor

I agree about the index being a serious omission.

Karl Ottenstein

+1

The lack of an index is absolutely mystifying to me... the Reference Guide has had an index for every version through AC 23.  For some reason, it was deleted for AC 24 and 25.  It was always a hyperlinked index with very meaningful organization and terms making it way more efficient than doing a word search of a 4,000 page document.  The index for AC 23's Reference Guide was 37 pages long.

One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB