Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.
SOLVED!

AC25 immediately crash opening a section with surface texture active

fabioferrini
Enthusiast
Hi,
I'm on Mac Bigsur 11.4 iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2014) - AMD Radeon R9 M295X 4 GB, I've a lot of crash playing with all my section in a small file and the new feature surface textures...

this is the bug report:

AC25-2021-07-08-11-27-27-6677

Fabio
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hi Fabio,

With the help of the developers, we found that this crash is related to defect DEF-4741. The reason for the crash is the Navigator Preview palette is enabled while opening the Section. Make sure to disable this and the Section with surface texture will no longer crash.

We have also asked for higher attention to this issue. Thank you very much for sharing the details with us, they are very helpful for fixing the defect!

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Dear Fabio,

Thank you very much for the report and I am very sorry about the issue!

The bug report was not linked to any known issue, unfortunately. Could you help us to check whether you can reproduce the issue on a brand new file or not? If the result is yes, we would like to learn how we can reproduce the issue, along with the new bugID.

But if you can't reproduce it on a new file, I would like to kindly ask for the file for in-house testing. Please let me know if you need a secure place to upload it!

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
GRAPHISOFT

fabioferrini
Enthusiast
Dear Minh,
thank for answering! it's not a brand new file, but it's a little file created with archicad 24.5004 Ita version, opened with AC25 to try and testing the new fabulous feature "surface texture". I've consolidated my library to AC25 opening the file, open some sections and then activated some checkbox to enable surface texture and other options like view in the second field....
you can download the file here:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/6r9tg4kgrccbc1k/Giovanni%20Giulianelli%201.25-2.pln?dl=0

Thanks a lot, have a nice day.
Fabio
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hi Fabio,

Thank you very much for sharing the file!

Sadly, I was unable to reproduce it, still I would like to ask for your help once again:

1. As I can see, there are quite many missing objects, even if I open the file in AC25 ITA. I'm wondering if you can share the file in PLA format? Maybe a surface texture coming from the missing libraries is the culprit. Feel free to drop me a private message if the file contains any confidential information!

2. Would it be possible for you to make a short video about how the crash happens? I tried to play around with it, enabling/disabling some new checkboxes in the Section settings, but nothing triggered the crash.

Thank you very much for your kind help!

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
GRAPHISOFT

fabioferrini
Enthusiast
Hi Minh,

this is .pla project:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/hbhidi0f9a8vcj8/Giovanni%20Giulianelli%201.25.pla?dl=0

I've made this operation:
1) design a section in plan with texture surface and view in the second field "checkbox on"
2) open the section: put my mouse on line section and open the section with right clic in button mouse: no problems, I can see the section with texture surface
3) return in plane mode and activate now the 3D section mode (violet line in plan), than save file.pla for you
4) put my mouse on line section that I designed before, and open the section with right clic button mouse: AC crash: AC25-2021-07-09-12-46-47-1588
Thanks for your help!

Fabio
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hi Fabio,

Thank you for the file and the detailed guide!

I am still failing to reproduce the issue even on macOS and Windows I guess it's time for asking for the developer's help. I will forward the relevant information to them. As soon as I have further news I will let you know!

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
GRAPHISOFT

fabioferrini
Enthusiast
Hi Minh,
i made some test:

1) save file in AC24, open e restore this file in AC25, renamed and saved, quit
2) reset and create a new file in AC
3) merge the new file in AC25
4) work in archicad, design a section with texture surface on, open first time, second time, goes well
5) add my library objects, add a texture fill in plant in one slab (ground floor), open the section,: AC crash

Fabio
Podolsky
Ace
Not good when AC crashes when using new feature. And that happens on the first days after release.
Solution
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hi Fabio,

With the help of the developers, we found that this crash is related to defect DEF-4741. The reason for the crash is the Navigator Preview palette is enabled while opening the Section. Make sure to disable this and the Section with surface texture will no longer crash.

We have also asked for higher attention to this issue. Thank you very much for sharing the details with us, they are very helpful for fixing the defect!

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
GRAPHISOFT

fabioferrini
Enthusiast
Hi Minh,
thank you so much, now my file work perfect!
I love this new feature, very cool.

Have a nice day

Fabio