Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.
SOLVED!

AC26 build 4019 bug

csabago
Contributor

Hi Everyone,

After updating AC26 to build 4019 a new issue appeared. When I print  something after closing the print dialog box the cursor switches to cut mode (arrow + scissor) and becomes irresponsive. Only after clicking into another window outside AC becomes usable again. Older versions os AC are not affected. It seems to be a bug.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Benjamin Dani
Graphisoft
Graphisoft

Hello,

Thank you for sharing this error with us!
We already know about this issue, and it has been reported in our database under DEF-10949. 

It is planned to be fixed in the next Archicad version.

Until the fix I would like to give you a workaround which can bypass this problem:
Press the "Ctrl" key again after the Print dialog is closed, so the cursor will be restored to the correct state.

Kind regards,

Dani Benjamin
Technical Support Engineer

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

This was a bug with previous builds too but seemed to happen much less with 4019. Normally if you switch windows or click one of the modifier keys (cmd/cntrl/alt) it cleared the stuck cursor.

Lee Hankins
ArchiCAD 4.5 - Archicad 27UKI Apple Silicon 27.1.1
macOS Sonoma (14.2)
scottjm
Expert

Have started having this happen too after trying to marquee an area to print in 26.4019. Never experienced it before in any previous version of Archicad though. 

Scott J. Moore | Fulton Trotter Architects | BIM Manager, Associate, Architect
Since AC13 | Current versions AC23.7000 & AC26.5002 | BIMCloud Basic | Python, GDL, VBA, PHP, SQL, CSS
Certified Graphisoft BIM Manger (2022)
Win 10, i9-9900K, 32GB, Quadro P2200, 500GB NVMe
Solution
Benjamin Dani
Graphisoft
Graphisoft

Hello,

Thank you for sharing this error with us!
We already know about this issue, and it has been reported in our database under DEF-10949. 

It is planned to be fixed in the next Archicad version.

Until the fix I would like to give you a workaround which can bypass this problem:
Press the "Ctrl" key again after the Print dialog is closed, so the cursor will be restored to the correct state.

Kind regards,

Dani Benjamin

when are you actually going to fix ANY of the bugs? this has got to be the buggiest version to date. i am very quickly losing patience with AC. too many bloody times in a day i'm wrestling with these issues. today, i can't make any changes to my stair stick. FIX THIS! we haven't had an update since AC26 silicone came out and it's full of bugs. 

MAC Studio 2022 M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 10 cores, AC26 5003 Apple Silicon USA
Ted Montgomery
Participant

Still ISN'T FIXED in the latest build 4034! This is BY FAR the buggiest version of ArchiCAD since I have been using it since 1987...come on folks, this is a LOT of money for buggy software.

@Ted Montgomery wrote:

Still ISN'T FIXED in the latest build 4034! This is BY FAR the buggiest version of ArchiCAD since I have been using it since 1987...come on folks, this is a LOT of money for buggy software.

I agree it is strange that this has not been fixed in the 4034 update... unless @Benjamin Dani meant it would be fixed in 27, rather than the next 26 update?

I think you might agree with me that this is not the buggiest version since 1987 if you would remember Archicad 8.0 which was so buggy, that we had to save our work after every couple of steps due to constant crashing and which was so bad that Graphisoft (relatively) quickly released 8.1 which, along with 9.0, was actually one of the most stable versions ever.

One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB

Thanks for your comments...I was 40 yo in 1987 and this software was AMAZING to me. Perhaps it's now as a 75 yo and many 1000's of dollars later that I am more annoyed? Still amazing software...

Hi Benjamin

Has this issue been resolved yet. When you say it will be fixed in the next Archicad version do you mean the next v26 update or in AC27? Thanks.

I have just checked the list of improvements in the latest AC26 update 3 (5002/5003) and your DEF-10949 has not been addressed by the looks of it? A shame. Any chance that this can be included in the final release of the update or has the issue been resolved by another improvement in the list?

Thanks

Hello, 

Thank you for your question!

By next version I meant Archicad 27. 
As far as my information go it will be available as soon as Archicad 27 released. 

Best regards,

Dani Benjamin