BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

AC9-INT R1V1 on MacOS X Panther with Greek

alexliz
Participant
I installed AC9 yesterday. I am on a TiBook with Panther 10.3.3, US version, with greek functionality enabled through XGreek1.0.3 (www.vodkatini.gr). Trouble is, I can't read my greek layer names, materials, line types, fills etc. These greek names appear garbled as boxes and what have you. What's worse, I can't even create a new layer if I try to use greek characters for its name: once the keyboard layout switches to greek, no matter what key I press, nothing is entered on the screen. As soon as I switch to the US keyboard (or any other European language for that matter) characters start printing on the screen as I type.
Any ideas as to what I need to do? Have had no problem with the Greek version of AC8.1. I even copied the XReadCfg.txt from my Gr8.1 installation to the AC9Int directory, to no avail. I am crippled right now.
I'll appreciate any tips.
Thanks, people.
Alex Zachopoulos

MacBook Pro 17" 2.4GHz, MacOS X 10.5.6, ArchiCAD 11 & 12, WinXP, Vista (well, not really Vista...)
3 REPLIES 3
Greg Kmethy
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
alexliz,

the localized greek ArchiCAD will be out soon. Mind you, we test the greek ArchiCAD with the Rainbow GR update, so I don't know how vodkatini will work.

Greg
Gergely Kmethy
VP, Customer Success, Graphisoft
alexliz
Participant
Greg, Vodkatini's XGreek and AC8.1 worked beautifully together. As long as you don't make any serious changes, things should pan out fine.

Thanks,

Alex.
Alex Zachopoulos

MacBook Pro 17" 2.4GHz, MacOS X 10.5.6, ArchiCAD 11 & 12, WinXP, Vista (well, not really Vista...)
Greg Kmethy
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
Well, RichText is a serious change, but let's hope it will work out well. I see no reason why it shouldn't.
Gergely Kmethy
VP, Customer Success, Graphisoft
Learn and get certified!

Still looking?

Browse more topics

Back to forum

See latest solutions

Accepted solutions

Start a new discussion!