BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

AC9 Library Special Edition

Scott Bulmer
Booster
We are unable to find a setting to control where the adjustable hotspots locate themselves for windows and doors in the new Special Edition library. The current locations make manipulation difficult. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
AC27 v. 4060 w/ MEP, Cadimage, Twinmotion 2023.2.2 using AC from AC6.0, 2021 MacPro M1 chip, Adobe CC. Used AC on both platforms.
14 REPLIES 14
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
It's a bug which will probably be fixed in the next release. In the meantime we have to use quick select to highlight the window.

Cheers,
Link.
Karl Ottenstein
Hi Scott,

Sorry to see that you have encountered another of the SE bugs (list schemes was your last one I think)!

Another aspect of this bug is that you do NOT want to use any of the editable hotspots in doors and windows in the initial Special Edition release to stretch them and change sizes. Very strange results. Use the parameters in the settings dialog instead.

We have been promised that these bugs and others will be fixed in the updated SE9 library release coming 'soon'. The new library is to be fully compatible with the current SE release (projects will work properly), but these bugs and issues will be resolved.

Cheers,
Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Scott Bulmer
Booster
Hey Karl,
No I’m not the list schemes but the banded photo rendering guy. You’ll recall helping me with get to the finished product at:
http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=7524

Another topic, are you either related to or partners with Link? I think both you guys are in Idaho and close with “cheers”. Just a wild guess.

Finally, the bugs don’t bother me too much (especially when they can be confirmed by this group for which I am grateful). The Graphisoft people don’t intentionally set out to create them, they are just pressing the envelope and some bugs are inevitable. They’ll get fixed. I wish our buildings had so few.

Looking forward to the repaired special edition library as I like what I see so far.
Scott
AC27 v. 4060 w/ MEP, Cadimage, Twinmotion 2023.2.2 using AC from AC6.0, 2021 MacPro M1 chip, Adobe CC. Used AC on both platforms.
Karl Ottenstein
Scott wrote:
Hey Karl,
No I’m not the list schemes but the banded photo rendering guy.
Wouldn't forget that one. 😉 Aha. It was a different Scott, also from California:
http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?p=43933#43933
Another topic, are you either related to or partners with Link? I think both you guys are in Idaho and close with “cheers”. Just a wild guess.
Nope. As you can see from his avatar, he has a very pointy rotating head. 😉 Actually, Link is in Casper WY now and soon to be taking a very long trip to NZ and Oz. We're just 'cheery' blokes. I've recently taken to the 'mate' thing, mate, after hearing a NPR or BBC broadcast on the use of 'mate' in Australia, where even the PM is called 'mate' - a societal equalizer. (Link is a native New Zealand / Austrailia dual citizen as I recall.)
Finally, the bugs don’t bother me too much (especially when they can be confirmed by this group for which I am grateful). The Graphisoft people don’t intentionally set out to create them, they are just pressing the envelope and some bugs are inevitable. They’ll get fixed. I wish our buildings had so few.
Wow. I'm sure that the guys in Budapest wish all of us were so understanding! You sound like a true mellow Californian. 😉

Cheers,
Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
__archiben
Booster
Karl wrote:
Actually, Link is in Casper WY now and soon to be taking a very long trip to NZ and Oz.
arghhhh! better run for the hills mate

cheers
~/archiben
b e n f r o s t
b f [a t ] p l a n b a r c h i t e c t u r e [d o t] n z
archicad | sketchup! | coffeecup
TomWaltz
Participant
~/archiben wrote:
Karl wrote:
Actually, Link is in Casper WY now and soon to be taking a very long trip to NZ and Oz.
arghhhh! better run for the hills mate

cheers
~/archiben
Sounds to me like you're the one who better run for the hills, Ben.... he's coming your way!
Tom Waltz
__archiben
Booster
TomWaltz wrote:
Sounds to me like you're the one who better run for the hills, Ben.... he's coming your way!
what i meant - i've got into a bad habit of missing off the first person. thunk it's a kiwi thung:

"i'd better run for the hills mate!"

cheers
~/archiben
b e n f r o s t
b f [a t ] p l a n b a r c h i t e c t u r e [d o t] n z
archicad | sketchup! | coffeecup
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
I've recently taken to the 'mate' thing, mate, after hearing a NPR or BBC broadcast on the use of 'mate' in Australia, where even the PM is called 'mate' - a societal equalizer.
That's great Karl! I like your progress mate - nice and ocker. Next you'll be calling Karen your sheila! If you want to have a good laugh about all things Australian, you must read 'A Sunburned Country' by Bill Bryson, which is not only quite educational, but also very very funny. BTW If you have been to Europe, his book 'Neither Here Nor There' will have you in stitches!
"i'd better run for the hills mate!"
Run for the hills??? I bet I find you in the first three pubs I visit!

Looking forward to it!

Cheers,
Link.
Scott Bulmer
Booster
More issues with special library doors degenerating when generating section elevations only. There are no apparent problems or degeneration while projecting the model.
Special Lib doors.jpg
Learn and get certified!