BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

AC9 US Special Library

I am unable to expand the AC9 Special Edition zip file.

I get the following message" Power archiver cannot open this file> It does not appear to be a valid archive."

I had no problems with the .tpl file

Any way to get the Library allready extracted ?
Win 10 Home Premium - AMD Phenom IIX6 1090T Processor 3.20 GHZ 8.00 GB RAM 64-bit Opp. Sys NVIDIA Quadro 4000 AC 22, MEP
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable
Has the new AC 9 Special Library been released. The first version had errors and GS was going to release an update to the Special Library, but it does not appear on tr.graphisoftus.com

Thanks,

Grant
Karl Ottenstein
NOELDESIGNS wrote:
Has the new AC 9 Special Library been released. The first version had errors and GS was going to release an update to the Special Library, but it does not appear on tr.graphisoftus.com
The grapevine says "very soon".
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Ooops.
So this Library found in the HELP --> Update Libraries---> is a dud!

Is anybody using this Library. The windows and doors documentation shows improvements mostly for brick veneer jobs. Is this correct?
Win 10 Home Premium - AMD Phenom IIX6 1090T Processor 3.20 GHZ 8.00 GB RAM 64-bit Opp. Sys NVIDIA Quadro 4000 AC 22, MEP
Anonymous
Not applicable
Conrado

I've been using the new lib. and have not seen any problems.
Window functions seem to be better IMHO.

I do wish the alum. storefront windows were a tad easier to create and edit.
simplify, simplify. Way too many options just to create a simple 4'-0" x 4'-0" alum. punched window.
I also wish they had the sill-casing-arch options in the "window default settings" window. Lots of times we have storefront windows that need these details.
Just my 2-cents.
It does beat what ACAD has though!
Antonin:
I still cannot extract/expand the .zip file
I am using the utility included in Windows XP Proffessional.
How did you extracted the file ?
Anonymous
Not applicable
Conrado

Right click on the zip file.....look for " Extract to AC9 Lib_Spec_Edition" in the right click options
Extract to a new unzipped folder.

Then follow the instructions:
Installation
Download and read the AC9 Special Edition Library Manual before starting the work.
Download the compressed library files from the library update web site and uncompress them on your computer.
Move the AC9 Library Special Edition folder and the AC9 Special Edition StartUp.tpl file into your ArchiCAD folder.
For best performance and compatibility, we recommend using the SE library with the new startup template. For this you have to do the following:
Start ArchiCAD
Select File/ New…
Choose Use a template
Select the AC9 Special Edition StartUp.tpl from the ArchiCAD folder
The AC9 Library Special Edition will be automatically loaded if you have placed it in the ArchiCAD folder
Is this what you need?
The Updated SE Library has been posted at tr.graphisoftus.com
Think Like a Spec Writer
AC4.55 through 27 / USA AC27-4060 USA
Rhino 8 Mac
MacOS 14.2.1
Learn and get certified!