Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

AC9 file "Created" dates change

Craig Bagley
Contributor
While searching through some old AC9 project .pln files, I’ve noticed that the file "Created" dates got changed from time to time, and I can’t find what may have triggered the changes. Has anyone experienced this? In all cases I can track the changed dates to times I was working on the projects.

"Modified" dates always change with each "Save", of course. But why file "Created" dates?

This has all happened on a 15” PowerBook G4 running Leopard, and has happened to several AC9 .pln files and PM .lbk files over the course of about 9 months before I switched to AC11. I also notice that the backup .bpn file "Created" dates changed to match their corresponding .pln files.

The problem isn’t apparent with later versions of AC.

This obviously isn’t an issue I’m losing sleep over, but if anyone has experienced this phenomenon and discovered what triggers it, a reply would be appreciated.
AC20 USA/Build 8005
15" MBP, 16 GB RAM
macOS 10.13.6
2 REPLIES 2
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Maybe when you copy a file from one hard drive to another, that copy is created at that time, so its "Created" time changes.

The BPN of course matches the date since it is nothing but the same file with its extension modified from PLN to BPN.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Craig Bagley
Contributor
Maybe when you copy a file from one hard drive to another, that copy is created at that time, so its "Created" time changes.
Thanks, Laszlo.

I don't recall copying from one hard drive to another. Maybe this is some unintended interaction between AC9 and the operating system. I'm hoping someone else has experienced the problem.
AC20 USA/Build 8005
15" MBP, 16 GB RAM
macOS 10.13.6