BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

AC9 to 10 conversion on Mactel

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am a relatively new user, thinking about converting an existing project from AC9 to AC10. I'm using Intel macs, and the file is big enough (100MB) that I'd like to be running the native version instead of AC9 through rosetta.

I have the latest hotfix update for the Mactel AC10, and converted the model file without problems, butAC10 crashes every time I try to open my plotmaker layout book.

I know others were having problems with this months ago, has anyone come up with a solution, since it doesn't seem to be addressed in the hotfix?

Any other things to watch out for/ reasons not to convert until the next project (1-2 years from now)? I'm afraid I don't know enough to know what I should be afraid of!

Any advice would be much appreciated.
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable
plotmaker layout book
Are you still using Plotmaker in AC9 with AC 10. Or did you just mean the Layout Book internal to AC10?
Anonymous
Not applicable
AC9 Plotmaker layout book

I have not really switched over to AC10 yet. I want to make sure I can take my AC9 plotmaker layouts with me, before I make the leap.
owen
Newcomer
I had this very problem on Friday last week - opening any Plotmaker books created on PPC would crash. I had tried creating a new Layoutbook on Mactel (New & Reset books do open ok) and then merging layouts but this would crash too.

I seem to remember this problem existed either back in Mactel Beta and possibly early full Mactel release but i had assumed it would have been fixed by now.

Anyway .. the only way I could get our V9 Plotmaker Layoutbooks into V10 was by opening them on one of our G5's and saving. Once this was done the file could be opened on any the Mactels.
cheers,

Owen Sharp

Design Technology Manager
fjmt | francis-jones morehen thorp

iMac 27" i7 2.93Ghz | 32GB RAM | OS 10.10 | Since AC5
Aussie John
Newcomer
Make sure you have a copy of your file you wish to convert and try it!!!
Cheers John
John Hyland : ARINA : www.arina.biz
User ver 4 to 12 - Jumped to v22 - so many options and settings!!!
OSX 10.15.6 [Catalina] : Archicad 22 : 15" MacBook Pro 2019
[/size]
owen
Newcomer
Oh i forgot about this topic > Archicad 10 MacTel Beta Feedback

All our PPC machines are tied up right now with deadlines - can anyone confirm if this problem has been fixed in final release? I assume 6 months is long enough to do so.

Are there any other Mactel issues we should be aware of John? I haven't been keeping an eye on the forums much lately im afraid
cheers,

Owen Sharp

Design Technology Manager
fjmt | francis-jones morehen thorp

iMac 27" i7 2.93Ghz | 32GB RAM | OS 10.10 | Since AC5
Aussie John
Newcomer
Owen we dont have any intel machines at the moment. ( this may change after a power spike wiped out a number of our computers this morning)
Cheers John
John Hyland : ARINA : www.arina.biz
User ver 4 to 12 - Jumped to v22 - so many options and settings!!!
OSX 10.15.6 [Catalina] : Archicad 22 : 15" MacBook Pro 2019
[/size]
Anonymous
Not applicable
Glad to hear I can work-around with someone else's PPC- didn't want to install/ uninstall 10 on a friend's machine just to find it still wouldn't work.

Would very much like to hear of any other problems I should watch out for with the conversion.
David Tauer
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
owen wrote:
I had this very problem on Friday last week - opening any Plotmaker books created on PPC would crash.
I had problems with some legacy lbks and it turned out that the problem was due to pmk files in them. The workaround of converting lbk on non-mactel machine should be fine.
David W. Tauer
Graphisoft U.S., Inc. - Boston
1-800-238-3992
http://www.archicadwiki.com
Learn and get certified!