BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

APPLE Hell

Anonymous
Not applicable
ok, like a dummy i installed .mac on my computer, well now archicad won't open, and unfortunately i am still on 9, and even more I don't have the installation disks for a fresh install can i find archicad 9 to download on the internet?
4 REPLIES 4
Ralph Wessel
Mentor
Shae wrote:
ok, like a dummy i installed .mac on my computer, well now archicad won't open, and unfortunately i am still on 9, and even more I don't have the installation disks for a fresh install can i find archicad 9 to download on the internet?
.Mac and Backup shouldn't have any effect on ArchiCAD. Could it be related to a problem with the latest version of Quicktime? http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=15252&highlight=

Have you noticed any other problems using other software?

Regards,

Ralph.
Ralph Wessel BArch
Anonymous
Not applicable
Actually i am a bit Amish on archicad and am using ver 9. I hope to upgrade to 10 soon, but I have already upgraded to the newest quicktime, so am I doomed to fail at 10? I solved the problem by uninstalling and reinstalling a few times, and on the last time I went through spotlight and found every archicad file I could and deleted it. I then did a fresh install and it works, with the new quicktime I might add. Well and by work, I am not entirely sure, as all I did is open a file and move it around a little. (this was at 2:30 am and I wanted to go to bed, so that I could wake up at 6:30)
Aussie John
Newcomer
been using backup and .mac for as long as they have been available with no issues with any version of Archicad.
Unfortunately I can offer any solution
Cheers John
John Hyland : ARINA : www.arina.biz
User ver 4 to 12 - Jumped to v22 - so many options and settings!!!
OSX 10.15.6 [Catalina] : Archicad 22 : 15" MacBook Pro 2019
[/size]
Graphisoft did post something this morning on the WIKI site: http://www.archicadwiki.com/Bugs/QuickTime_crash_on_MAC_OSX_10.3

Unfortunately it sounds as though your problems are deeper than they thought. You can send feedback directly to them through the WIKI article.

grrrrrr Apple.
Think Like a Spec Writer
AC4.55 through 27 / USA AC27-4060 USA
Rhino 8 Mac
MacOS 14.2.1
Learn and get certified!